Knee pads

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all. Anyone have recommendations for high country knee pads? Looking for some to pair with my FL pants. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Arcteryx makes one of the best strap ons. I wear mine over base layer and under pant. There are also some knock offs available at less than 50% cost. The arcteryx are around $50.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Second vote for the arcteryx, only ones I’ve ever had that stay put on your knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Are the Arc'teryx hard plastic?

They have a funny shape. I use rubber pads that cover my entire knee. Hard but flexible rubber. My primary concern is cactus.

Fatcamp

WKR
Those look interesting.

I watched a YouTube video on the Arc'teryx. They are not the hard plastic I envisioned.

The Barwalt ones work well, but are really heavy and bulky. I set tile for 15 years so I am a huge fan of kneepads.

When I switched from the Midway Guide Pants, which have rather decent knee pads, to the Corrugate Guide Pants, which do not, I missed those pads immensely. I like First Lite stuff, but I wish more of their pants had pads.

*zap*

WKR
If you get the arceryx knee cap protectors and wear them over a base and under the pant you may like that system as much as pant knee pad pockets.

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
Got mine at Home Depot for about $15. The are black with velcro straps and white plastic caps. Colored the white plastic caps with a jumbo black magic marker then set knee pads outside for a couple of days to loose the majic marker scent. They work well.