Knee Pads??

Rockchuck

WKR
Tell me about the knee pads you guys use and why you like them. I use some cheapies I picked up at Wally world, but they are always slipping down. I am looking to pick up a new set that will be secure while walking around and crawling. My cheapies are okay if I hold still, but while on the move, they suck. any picks would be cool too!

THE best method, IMO is to put them inside your pants' double knee. Skip the strap ons! You can unstitch the bottom and slip them in and then have the bride sew them back up or glue it with The Welder glue. I do them to my Carthartt bibs and feel it is number one priority. Just don't make them too big or you will look like a goalie for the Deeetroit Redwings.

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
I kinda like those elastic ones with about 1/2 inch of foam in them. They are like you see some of the basketball players wear. I wear mine under my pants and you can't even tell I have em on. They stay in place pretty well also.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
With Aron's recommendation, I bought some of the Arc'teryx knee pads. I have not used them for hunting yet, but I use them several times a week at work for several hours at a time. So far they are as comfortable as any I have used and they weigh about 7 ounces. So I will definitely take them hunting. Nothing worse than getting stuck during a stalk and having to wait an hour out on your knees in the rocks.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I remember correctly I bought mine from Moosejaw online.
Thanks I opened my brain and did some "Googling" and found them on a website called Mission Ready Equipment. They had them in all 3 colors so I grabbed a pair in Coyote

Last edited:

J-Daddy

WKR
If you don't want a hard shell outter surface on them Paintball pads are the way to go...I've got some JT Paintball pads that I use back from my paintball days and they are nice, don't slide down but are soft neoprene material with gel inserts for padding...Since they are soft they are quieter than a hard outter shell pad.

T43

Lil-Rokslider
This may sound silly but knee pads generally annoy me to much to wear. I have found a very light weight effective way to add a little knee protection at basically no cost. My hunting pants have double knees and by sliding cut to fit mouse pads into the knees I get just enough padding. The thin ones with the plastic top facing out work the best for me. I was surprised at how well they work and I used some promo handout pads so it didn't cost a thing.