knee pain

bnsafe

WKR
went to the doc today, coulda been alot worse. he says ive got iliotibial band syndrome, and tendonitis. long name for overstretched muscles and tendons i guess. ive got to cut way back on workouts for 2-6 weeks and let things calm down. hopefully i wont have to start all over with conditioning. but at least no surgery or tears.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guessing its outside of the knee then......I ramped up a little to quick got a little case of runners knee going on. Center of the knee, under knee cap. Swelling is going down, starting to feel better. I knew better too dammit. Stretch a lot. Use a Nalgene bottle on the ground and lay on it, roll back and forth along the outside of the leg by the knee. Hurts like HELL but it will help. RICE and take it easy for a bit.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Les is right, and the ICE in rice takes way more than most guys do. You can ice it 5 times a day for 15 minutes or so. It will start to feel better soon but it will fool you into going back to soon, too. If you take anti inflams, don't let them fool you into training. Take the longer end of the 2-6 weeks. It's better to get it healed right the first time than still be messing with it come September when you'll really hate it. You won't lose much, it will come back fast, and you can really work on your core, and upper now. God bless you man!

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
its very hard for me to not train like i want to. my head tells me you guys are right, but man its hard. i will make myself take it easy for awhile after it feels better. gonna start walking and light wts soon, but if i have any pain at all im gonna stop. good luck to everybody that has knee issues. didnt realize how debilitating it truly was. i just dont do easy very well. lol. thanks for the good wishes, i truly appreciate it

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
the knee took turkey hunting ok, but not great, today. hurt when i got home though.