Knees over toes guy?

jpmulk

WKR
Any thoughts on or experience with knees over toes guy? What worked for you?

I recently have been looking into his stuff as i struggle with chronic knee pain after two blown out knees. Trying to include more sled work now.

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
Ive been adding in all his stuff to what I normally do, and I feel like from a stability and mobility standpoint it has made a huge difference for me. I can't remember when I started implementing it into my workouts but my range of motion is so much better and no more tight hips, knees, etc. that's my 2 cents. But just like with anything you can't just stop doing it otherwise the progress goes away and the pain returns. good stuff to warm up with or end a workout. I consider it just daily maintenance.

Knock on wood, no serious knee issues. I was a college long and triple jumper, we didn’t call it the knees over toes like that guy does but I’ve been doing workouts like that since 2016. When I forget to do em, my patellar tendonitis gets to where I can’t sleep. Once I start the workouts/exercises like that back up all my pain goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sled. Been working in backwards sled drags into leg days. Really like them.
Not sure how your sled is set up or what you're using to drag it backwards but...

I recently bought a 12' sling strap for that purpose and it kicks my ass. Having something sturdy and being able to get away from the sled a few feet really lets me sit back into the drag.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Not sure how your sled is set up or what you're using to drag it backwards but...

I recently bought a 12' sling strap for that purpose and it kicks my ass. Having something sturdy and being able to get away from the sled a few feet really lets me sit back into the drag.

I have a rogue echo sled and load it up with bumper plates. Right now, I just use,a bootleg strap with some doubled up 550 cord. It works and gets me a few feet back from the sled but I'm going to get something a bit more comfortable eventually. A sling strap sounds like a good alternative to the expensive spud stuff.

OP
jpmulk

jpmulk

WKR
I took my kids snow sled and loaded it with cinder blocks and attached a tow strap to it. Works great.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
I like the sled work and knee stretches from Knees over toes guy. I'm a big fan. Good for knees and especially hips. I bought a sled off of Amazon and throw a plate or two on the sled and pull it backwards for ~10 min ~3-4 times a week. I do this in addition to other leg work, mainly cycling. Good stuff, I'm a fan.

WoodBow

WKR
I built 4 slant boxes for the gym i go to. It is crazy what they sell for online. They really load up the distal end of the quad for me.

I move around some heavy equipment for work on a daily basis. All is on wheels but one piece is 1100 lbs and the other two are around 500 i believe. I get a good mix of pushing and pulling it. With no training for it, I can do the thing where he lays flat on his back with his shins under his hamstrings and then sits back up to his knees. I also have zero knee pain/issues. So there is something to what he is preaching for sure.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used an upside down pallet for years with double cinder blocks filled with concrete to pull around. I can load it as heavy or light as I need, and it works great for getting rid of the weeds too. I can pull about four times the weight backwards as I can forwards.

GR1NCH11

FNG
I dont currently have access to a weight sled, so I started walking backwards up hills or stairs depending what I have access to. The overall mentality of the knees over toes movement patterns makes sense, it is strengthening the knees ability to absorb impacts, which isn't built into any typical weight or cardio program.