Knife for trimming fat

I am looking for a knife that’s good for cleaning up my venison. One that can trim that fat and silver skin off.

what do you recommend without breaking the bank

WCB

WKR
eh...any filet knife...I've used cheap walmart knives and currently have a Leech Lake Fillet Knife (gift). a sharp fillet knife is the ticket.

GoFishND

FNG
Agreed on the dexter fillet.. Nice thing with those are they are affordable so you can snag a variety and have some for specific duties. We have a restaurant supply store in town I hit the bargain rack at.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
Dexter Russell 7in fillet knife is what I use. I love that knife and use it for basically everything fish, meat and kitchen related.

2-Stix

WKR
Victorinox 7" for boning and Dexter filet knives for more flex in 5", 7" and 9"

Ok been cutting meat since I was 8 and im in my 50's . My father, grandfather and great grandfather all butchers . If it has China on the label its crap !! They dont hold an edge . I agree with some of the other posts. Dexter and Victorinox are good . My opinion German steel . Check out Pro Source for a decent knife for the money the Ultrasource stuff has been decent . Plus buy a good steel. Dexter also makes a great quick sharpener , i always have it with me on my hunting trips . Hope this helps

I use and love my havalon with fillet blade. They are replaceable blade but I haven’t had to change my blade for the last 5 deer I processed. I just sharpen it with a fine sharpener and a steel and it keeps the edge well. I’d recommend it to anyone.