Knife of choice

A major factor in this is whether weight is a concern. I have a Havalon for times when it is, otherwise I prefer an old rubber handled skinning knife by Western Knives out of Boulder, CO. They were bought and killed by Coleman quite a while ago, but you can still find them used for pretty cheap. They also made a really nice fillet knife right after Coleman bought them with a similar rubber handle.

Skinner: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Col...056742?hash=item1a0e4cb0e6:g:7BwAAOSwZG9Wl9lO
Fillet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleman-Wes...309446?hash=item2a6099a906:g:8u0AAOSw0HVWCax3

CoHiCntry

WKR
Outdoor Edge Razor Blaze. Has the replacement blades like the Havalon but a little stouter and easier to use than the Havalon for me. Been using it a couple years now and really like it.

KMT

WKR
havalon when backpacking.

Cheap stainless steel knives with thin blade from SAMs club when not backpacking. Work well, easy to sharpen

Ray

WKR
When hunting from the truck or boat, I love my old Kershaw sheath knife with a black rubber handle. The current version is called "Antelope" and has black or blaze orange soft plastic handle. These blades are easy to sharpen and stay sharp for a whole critter or two. The new soft plastic handle is not as nice as the old rubber type. Kind of slippery when wet and wearing gloves.

Hunting out of a pack I'll have my havelon and either an old Buck Lite folder or an Enzo necker. If I have the havelon I have to have a multi-tool to change out the blade when its bloody or breaks, so I might be moving to just having a normal knife for weight savings.

Custom R&N Blade, and a havalon piranta.
1c56598186ddb6b37504927c39bc6da8.jpg

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Gerber Vital to try this year, not sure I'll like it. Ive been using either a Buck Vanguard or CRKT Hunt & Fish, both have worked really well.