Knife of choice

How do you sharpen that bad boy. Unless my eyes deceive me it is serrated the entire length of the blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to send it in, but the D points protect the blade in the pockets so it stays sharp and cuts well for way longer than you would think possible.

You have to send it in, but the D points protect the blade in the pockets so it stays sharp and cuts well for way longer than you would think possible.

Exactly. I sent mine to Cutco when I returned and they have it back to me already. Small hassle to have the best butchering knife I've ever used. I'm planning to buy another one, except it will be a clip point with the DD edge.

I typically use a CRKT K700KXP Ken Onion Skinner. $45 on amazon and it has K110 stainless steel blade with high hollow ground. The handle leaves you wanting more but it gives the Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter a run for it's money.

I recently picked up a havalon... already gave myself 6 stitches with that sharp son of a B!

I've been happy with my Outdoor Edge Razor Lite EDC. That said I keep eyeballing a Chris Reeve Nyala and the Benchmade Steep Country knives.

Gr8bawana

WKR
I use an old Buck model 112 that I took from my wife's old boyfriend 33 years ago before we got married and he pulled it on me. Brings back good memories everytime I use it.
It holds an edge forever.

bline

FNG
I have used a Jeff White bush knife for the last couple years, the one on the far right, 4.1 oz.

IMG_0108_zps6bbb8272.jpg

I also used the one on the left once but prefer the bush knife. I am obviously in the minority here, but I just feel naked in the woods without a fixed blade knife of some kind. I just got an Esee 4 HM (7.7 oz) that I am going to try out too.

elkguide

WKR
I have used a Jeff White bush knife for the last couple years, the one on the far right, 4.1 oz.

IMG_0108_zps6bbb8272.jpg

I also used the one on the left once but prefer the bush knife. I am obviously in the minority here, but I just feel naked in the woods without a fixed blade knife of some kind. I just got an Esee 4 HM (7.7 oz) that I am going to try out too.

Some sweet looking knives there.

bline

FNG
Thanks, I like his knives and they are a good value at about $35-40. They are all 1095 and he leaves the forge scale on so they look pretty unique. They don't come with sheaths though so I had to learn to make my own.

ofl0926

WKR

IMG_0108_zps6bbb8272.jpg

Those are nice knives.

ofl0926

WKR
I just got these knives for up coming deployment

Benchmade griptilian
Benchmade rift
Esee 3

a352d3ad2e78baa587ab6a6cc19b8134.jpg

TheCougar

WKR
Havalon and a benchmade saddle mountain skinner. Benchmade is camp knife and for field care. Havalon sits in my field dressing kit.

JLH208

WKR
53f05e0e9880bea06ee94c23ebd723bd.jpg

Havalon Piranta Stag
- for all purpose but especially caping and delicate cuts around joints, in kill kit and second one in pickup
Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter
- skinning mostly, in kill kit
Benchmade North Fork Folder
- all purpose and stays in pocket

- Jesse

DEW0341

WKR
-Benchmade grizzly creek
-Benchmade mini griptilian
-havalon

Used an outdoor edge last year, not impressed what so ever. Switching to the havalon

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I had been using a old Cold Steel Carbon hunter for the last 30 years but plan on using a Mora Garberg as I am likely giving my daughter my old Cold Steel. I want to be able to do more than just process an animal with my knife. Often times I am processing wood for a small fire or in case of the worst I would rather carry the little extra weight with a full tang knife than an ultralight. I truly understand the benefits of the Havlons but I dont want to give up the benefits of the larger more versatile knife to save some ounces.