Knife of choice

bline

FNG
I couldn't resist the 40 dollar price tag. Little extra money from PayPal just disappeared, ordered the thumb skinner to try.

I bet you'll like it, I've never handled one of his thumb skinners though. Did you get a sheath for it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I bet you'll like it, I've never handled one of his thumb skinners though. Did you get a sheath for it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not, Iv got plenty of sheaths laying around. Looks nice and I like the style. I'm familiar with 1095, and the shape looks good for a hunting knife. Should be light being its made of thinner stock

Lawnboi

WKR
This is not meant to ruffle any feathers. But after getting two of the Jeff white knives I'd discourage others.

Both knives came with problems, that I will have to fix. The thumb skinner has a wave at the rear of the blade, making stropping imposingly near the end of it, I'll need to straitened that out, and there is no point, it's totally rounded. The other knife I got from him, is without a doubt the most poorly finished knife Iv seen, and is worthy of the 40 dollar price tag. Looks like the front of the knife was used to chop a rock. The knife was shipped to me with a chip and an unfinished edge on one side. The patina is non existent on one side and just splashed on the other, leaving a rough ugly finish. The handle is not near the thumb skinner but looks like it was carved with a knife and lightly sanded. This knife will take major work to fix and is the reason I will never buy another one from him. The thumb skinner is a great blade shape, and once fixed up I'll give it a go on a whitetail this fall.

I'll stick with bark river or custom.

I collected knives before I really started hunting. For the last three years this has been my go to skinning knife. It seems to be a touch bigger than what most guys use but I like it and it's not so big that it's cumbersome on an inconvenience.

My busse combat HG55
Jw9rtcU.jpg

ghunter3

FNG
Benchmade is my choice for every day carry to hunting knife to skinning. Great knives

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter for deer and such. I would add a Dexter Russell S125 (actually a knife for fish cleaning) for larger animals.

Outdoor Edge Razor Blaze. Has the replacement blades like the Havalon but a little stouter and easier to use than the Havalon for me. Been using it a couple years now and really like it.

+1 on this. Was skeptical at first but am now sold on them for in the field work. If I have an animal hanging I use a 5” victorianox boning knife.

stonewall

WKR
I like havalon in backpack. Also like those little victronix (sp?) pairing knives. They’re about 5-10$. The curved blade helps for caping

White river backpacker. This little beauty handles much larger than its size, and is extremely comfortable and safe when slick with blood. everything I've ever needed for deer/elk. Small and light for backcountry use, holds an edge like crazy, and easy to touch up. I also carry a Tyto for some fine work when a flexible blade has advantages such as pulling backstraps ect.
2dd806b4e9a562fa599eb9d34c0163f1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

North Arm Lynx.

But I often carry a Outdoor Edge knife and saw combo as well. The saw is nice for sawing off ribs, which I sometimes do.