Knife on Kifaru Frame

While at TAC, I noticed a couple people with small sheath knives on the shoulder strap of their frames. Looking at my Kifaru and a knife or two of mine at the house I am not too sure of a good way to attach them in this manner.

Can anyone with a similar setup share some photos?

jspradley

WKR
I prefer to run knives on the belt but those tek loks can attached to most kydex holsters with grommet holes in them. Blade tech also makes a molle-lok that works great for running on a belt

Dobermann

WKR
The Spyderco G-Clip Kydex mount (which Mike Sastre desinged; not sure) is also pretty slick. I like it a lot better than Tek Loks.

School me on this, please. Why attach it to the shoulder strap, especially a fairly light duty skinner?

Not judging, just not clear to me what this does for you. In fairness, I run a small pouch with a camera in that spot on my hiking pack. I like to keep my shoulders slick on hunting packs for bow strings and gun stocks. Of course back in the day I did jump a spiderco on my reserve shoot when the army used to throw me out of planes.

MattB

WKR
School me on this, please. Why attach it to the shoulder strap, especially a fairly light duty skinner?

Not judging, just not clear to me what this does for you. In fairness, I run a small pouch with a camera in that spot on my hiking pack. I like to keep my shoulders slick on hunting packs for bow strings and gun stocks. Of course back in the day I did jump a spiderco on my reserve shoot when the army used to throw me out of planes.

Agree, not sure why you'd want a knife there.

TheCougar

WKR
I prefer to run knives on the belt but those tek loks can attached to most kydex holsters with grommet holes in them. Blade tech also makes a molle-lok that works great for running on a belt

How do you attach to a kifaru belt? I’ve got a bench made knife with a kydex sheath and I’ve yet to figure out a lightweight and quiet way to attach it to the jacked up webbing on my kifaru belt.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've been wanting to attach a SOG knife to the shoulder straps of my pack. Seems like it would be the perfect place for it.

I've been wanting to attach a SOG knife to the shoulder straps of my pack. Seems like it would be the perfect place for it.

Yeah. So I ran a Marto brewer explorer on my LBE upside down on my shoulder for 1 day of an FTX a long time ago. Sort of a modern twist on the old WW1 trench knife. It was a total pain in the ass and got in the way of EVERYTHING.

Cougar, I have tried a few attachment methods for kydex on molle. There are a few locking forks, etc. you can buy. My favorite method is to take two short MALICE clips and attach them to the sheath with Chicago screws. You have to drill a couple of holes in the MALICE clips but it takes no time. I will try to find a pic of one of my knives and pM it to you.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Yeah. So I ran a Marto brewer explorer on my LBE upside down on my shoulder for 1 day of an FTX a long time ago. Sort of a modern twist on the old WW1 trench knife. It was a total pain in the ass and got in the way of EVERYTHING.

Cougar, I have tried a few attachment methods for kydex on molle. There are a few locking forks, etc. you can buy. My favorite method is to take two short MALICE clips and attach them to the sheath with Chicago screws. You have to drill a couple of holes in the MALICE clips but it takes no time. I will try to find a pic of one of my knives and pM it to you.

I’ll have to give mine a try, if I can get the attachment the way I want it. The attachment seems like it would be the biggest pain for me. I guess I’ll have to try it and see.

OP
H
Forgot I had made this post.
Sure did get a kick out of all the comments. I'm glad everyone is so "concerned" with why I want it there.

Why was I thinking about putting a knife there? Easily accessible and it's less room to take up in a pocket.

Thanks to the people who posted some useful info.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forgot I had made this post.
Sure did get a kick out of all the comments. I'm glad everyone is so "concerned" with why I want it there.

Why was I thinking about putting a knife there? Easily accessible and it's less room to take up in a pocket.

Thanks to the people who posted some useful info.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Haha sorry man. Just had to.
But hope you got it figured out.

*zap*

WKR
I have a sog seal team bowie in a fabric molle sheath and my camelback rubicon has pals webbing on the shoulder straps. The bowie looks bad ass on there but its not at all practical for me, a small knife may work great.