Knife Setup

I use a benchmade altitude and goat knife capra ti, both bright orange so i don't lose them lol. They both work great and are light. The new fixed blades from goat knives and the iron will knife look awesome too

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
I use a little plastic sheath that came with the serrated version. https://www.litesmith.com/victorinox-little-vicky-utility-knife/ I always figured I'd make my own Kydex sheath, but never got around to it.

Dang, looking around a bit it seems like those are out of stock everywhere.
Glad the “little Vicky” is getting some love in the ultralight section! I started making and gifting these with a kydex sheath to friends and family.
Let me know and I’m happy to spin a few up for the weight conscious.
4AE3993C-1A51-4D0D-9D7B-F4EECED1CB71.jpeg

Mackdog

FNG
Havalon and a sharpened pocket knife(not a high end knife). I use The pocket knife for the tough areas skinning and if I need a stiffer knife while quartering. Havalon works for the precise cuts. I carry a pocket knife anyways so make it double duty, better than carrying a second fixed blade just for skinning and processing.

White River M1 Backpacker (the paracord wrapped knife). S35VN steel for less than $100. Weighs 3.25oz in it's sheath but the grip is large enough to be comfortable in my big hands. Doubles as a great knife for backpacking and daily use.
Also carry a Havalon because those replaceable blades are just too nice for boning out meat in the field.

1620952853230.png

cssmith85

FNG
I love my Havalon personally, don't weigh anything or take up much space. But, I would look at an Esee Izula if you're wanting a lightweight, well made, simple blade. The 1095 Steel is cerakoted to protect it from corrosion, and it sharpens up easily and stays much sharper than many blades made of other steels. And, it's made in the USA and cheap to boot! Lifetime no questions asked warranty, can't go wrong. I love mine, carry it as a neck knife while in the woods. The red isn't for everyone, but it is easy to see when you set it down!

x2 for the Izula. Great little knife.

Clarktar

WKR
Glad the “little Vicky” is getting some love in the ultralight section! I started making and gifting these with a kydex sheath to friends and family.
Let me know and I’m happy to spin a few up for the weight conscious.
View attachment 289848
A DIY post on making a kydex sheath would be awesome! I have a few Vicky's lying around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk