Knife sharpener in your kill kit?

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone who carries non-replaceable blade knives what sharpener do you carry in your backpack? I’m looking for something lighter weight mostly for touchups while butchering elk and deer?

miggy

FNG
I'm planning on picking up an Argali Kodiak belt and buckle when they become available. Got to put my hands on one last weekend and they look sweet!

JohnB

WKR
I just got a Fallkniven DC3 sharpener and it seems real nice. It's been in my possession for about 8 hours so I can't give you much of a long term review except I haven't broken it yet. Weighs about 35 grams or about 55 with the leather sheath that can be used as a strop.

ScottP

WKR
A 3”x7” piece of 1000 grit sand paper and a small leather strop with sharpening compound. Strop is made from a piece of paint stick. My blades have a convex edge.

OP
U

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I carry the work sharp field sharpener in my pack. I don't know the weight of it, but it's nothing to it at all.
How well does it sharpen? I like the angle guide and ability to repair knicks in the blade if needed

OP
U

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a Fallkniven DC3 sharpener and it seems real nice. It's been in my possession for about 8 hours so I can't give you much of a long term review except I haven't broken it yet. Weighs about 35 grams or about 55 with the leather sheath that can be used as a strop.
Let me know how well it sharpens! Looks lightweight and reliable

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Spider Co Double Stuff ceramic pocket stone. Works great for touching up even S90V. I sed it to put a completely new edge on a buddies D2 knife on my spring bear hunt this year.

Wrench

WKR
How well does it sharpen? I like the angle guide and ability to repair knicks in the blade if needed

It's everything from a coarse diamond clear through a leather strop.....it is perfect AND it has broadhead wrenches built in.

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Depends where I'm hunting, I have the work sharp but its big/ heavy for back country, If just day hunting I'll often carry a small diamond home in a leather pouch with compound on it for a strop. If back country I have a chunk of paint stick ( about 3" long) with leather glued on one side for a strop and then just a few 2"x4" wet dry paper in whatever grit you want. Very light, small and practical

mcseal2

WKR
I carry the ceramic rod out of an old Cabelas sharpener. It weighs 1.2oz and is about 6” long. The glue failed and the wood handle came off in AK on my moose hunt. I like it better without the handle.

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
IronWill sharpener. Tiny, weighs nothing and works great.