Knife sharpener

roadhntr

FNG
I've just used a cheap plastic v shaped edge sharpener made by kline but it does put a good edge on my blades.

fshaw

WKR
I use DMT Diafolds in fine (red)and just bought one for my daughter’s boyfriend as a Christmas gift. Light, effective on all steels, including S90, and a good handle to keep your hand away from the blade being sharpened. You won’t be disappointed.

EdP

WKR
The commercially available sharpeners seem to be overkill to me, especially the worksharp with it's 2 diamond grits, 2 ceramic grits, the guide system, and the strop. I don't need a guide, don't need ceramic if I have diamond, and don't need a coarse grit. A small strop is all that should be needed in the field. Just a piece of 1/4" plywood with leather glued on and treated with diamond grit will quickly get a blade back to shaving sharp if you don't let your blade get so dull it needs a stone.

I'm a huge fan of Diamond Machining Technology (DMT) Double Sided Dia-Fold Portable Pocket Extra Fine/Fine Grit Diamond Sharpener (FWEF).

Much more compact than Worksharp (which I also own), has two different diamond grit surfaces, and is less than half the weight.
Screenshot_20240204_081030_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240204_081007_Chrome.jpg

EdP

WKR
I'm a huge fan of Diamond Machining Technology (DMT) Double Sided Dia-Fold Portable Pocket Extra Fine/Fine Grit Diamond Sharpener (FWEF).
That one I like. I would rather have a strop on one side than the 2nd grit but it is nice and compact.

bliner

FNG
Another vote for DMT diafold, mines blue on one side and red (fine I think) on the other.