Knight 45cal ultra light

I’m looking at getting another muzzleloader for deer and states that allow 45. I have a TC Encore 50cal and want a 300 yard gun. I’m think for the 45cal with 209 bare primer. Kansas and Missouri have no restrictions. BH 209 and CCI primers will feed it. As that is what my TC likes too. Bullets can change as this will be a 45 call. Knight not offer the nitride finish any more? I’m happy with my Leupold ultimate slam on the TC. But want to go a little higher glass for this one and rings to match. I am keeping the TC

ENCORE

WKR
The fast twist Knight 45cal rifles are easily 300yd rifles. Very hard production rifles to beat in competitions too.

I'd likely have a Bestill breech plug conversion right off. I'd also plan on a Swinglock sizing die. Top it off with a high quality scope. With the right bullet, you'd be surprised at what it'll do at 500yds.

I'd give Knight a call too. When I spoke to them about my Ultra back in June I thought they mentioned a new .45cal coming to market, it may just have been updates to the 500 but it's worth a call and asking.

I'd also second Encore's suggestion, get the Bestill breach plug immediately. I wouldn't even shoot it prior to sending it to Jeff.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of options now, the 45 is coming back strong Compared to a decade ago.

The most accurate one I have is the Arrowhead Encore Barrel upgrade. That option would allow you to keep your 50 caliber in case you go hunt elk somewhere. I have a whole thread on it that you should’ve seen in this forum, but if not here it is. Arrowhead Rifle's Encore .45 Caliber Barrel Updgrade

I ran it peeped for the state I was hunting, and could get to 300 yards with a 14” holdover, but a Vortex Razor Light Hunter in the 1-8x makes a great muzzleloader scope. Easily get you to 300 yards with hashmarks and no dialing

@Travis Bertrand is running a complete Arrowhead Rifle, same thing, there’s a thread at the top of the forum. He shot his to an unmentionable yardage at the the range. He can give a scope recommend.

And Sam @realunlucky is running a CVA Paramount 45, and he’s got a thread going too. It’s a screamer too and I think he tested it to 500 yds running another Vortex Light Hunter.

Just look at those links at the top of the forum Everything you need is there.

And I ran a Knight Mountaineer in 45 caliber for quite a few years. Good gun, pretty accurate, too but it was heavy. I had the laminate stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Knight not offer the nitride finish any more?
I got ya covered..

Cerakote has some cool color options, but all in all it’s a tough paint. LiFe Nitriding actually infuses and changes the chemical structure of the stainless steel barrel