Knight Muzzleloaders

Wrench

WKR
Awesome - I'm taking notes because I'll be dialing in my cheap CVA NW Compliant smoke pole with the new EA Brown peep sites. I've used Barnes and Hornady sabots with decent success but those are no go in ID.

Any reason for the 495 gr bullet? I see they've got five offerings.
I have the 495 and 600's....I just did some personal math and based on that and the critters I've killed with other slow heavy bullets, I figured it was worth a try.

I killed 3 milk jugs in 3 shots at 165 yards using field positions (off a stump, against a tree, off my pack) and I'm plenty satisfied with the bullets accuracy and penetration.

Well, I'm back on the market for a new smoke pole (probably)... in the process of hopefully locking up access to a nice farm in Nebraska. Pretty sure I won't be using my CVA PNW compliant... scopes and inline is a go!

Thought I'd fire this thread back up... looks like most guys are suggesting Knight, CVA, or T/C. Definitely don't want to go cheap. @idahohikker did you ever pick one up?

I just bought a CVA Accura LR-X in 45cal. They had some initial QC issues but those seem to have settled. Supposedly they shoot well with BH209 and Powerbelt ELR's, but take some work to use any other setup. I'm currently looking into Arrowhead bullets so I can run a custom muzzle brake (annoyingly odd thread pitch, might just cut a couple inches off to re-thread).

Starting over I might go 50cal in the same rifle since they seem a bit more turnkey to start.

MtnManTy

FNG
I just bought a CVA Accura LR-X in 45cal. They had some initial QC issues but those seem to have settled. Supposedly they shoot well with BH209 and Powerbelt ELR's, but take some work to use any other setup. I'm currently looking into Arrowhead bullets so I can run a custom muzzle brake (annoyingly odd thread pitch, might just cut a couple inches off to re-thread).

Starting over I might go 50cal in the same rifle since they seem a bit more turnkey to start.
How'd the CVA shoot?

tracker12

WKR
1. Yes, i purchased the ultra lite for a Idaho hunt last year with the western style ignition. Was ready to go out of the box then i started putting some work into it
2. Yes, see Sabbotloader and IdahoLewis posts on here. Both guys are extremely helpful and know there stuff. I went with Sabbotloaders recommendations for a peep combo and love it! And IdahoLewis helped me with the “how do you shoot this thing” questions. I’m sure they will chime into your thread shortly
3. The knight is very versatile, i wanted to buy one muzzleloader and have it for life and spent the money on a good one.

8f3c0095e6cf0912b9a62aa3e3e08392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a stock front sightt

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
Knight disk extreme western model. Open sights, 300g bloodlines in a sabot, 100g loose triple7, musket caps, 100 yds. I average around 2” 100yd groups with this setup, but the picture is my best 3 shot group with it.
A year after this pic the groups opened up to pie plates and the bullets were keyholing. After contacting Knight they had me send it in and found the barrel “out of spec” and sent me a brand new barrel/action on the old stock. No money out of my pocket.
Very happy with my rifle and their service.
689BDC28-8E36-412A-BFF6-55BFD09CEC47.jpeg

Weldor

WKR
Interesting, I miss muzzloading. My MK 85 never seemed to let me down years ago. Had a few miss fires but luckily they were rare. My last cow (MZLDR) Elk fell at a buck 30 in 2000.

If not what is it?

I believe it would be a Williams front sight.

Front Ramp

962-020-097WB
Streamlined Ramp 3/16" 1.625 Hole Spacing Screw-on

Mfr Part: 1690

Williams front fire Sight

962-564-350WB

Red Fire Sight size .343N

Mfr Part: 56435

Fire sight Hood

962-000-016WB
Fire Sight Hood

Mfr Part: 70031

Williams-Front-Sight.jpg

I do replace the red fiber optic with a green one for hunting. Gives me a much better sight/target contrast.

I believe it would be a Williams front sight.

Front Ramp

962-020-097WB
Streamlined Ramp 3/16" 1.625 Hole Spacing Screw-on

Mfr Part: 1690

Williams front fire Sight

962-564-350WB

Red Fire Sight size .343N

Mfr Part: 56435

Fire sight Hood

962-000-016WB
Fire Sight Hood

Mfr Part: 70031

Williams-Front-Sight.jpg

I do replace the red fiber optic with a green one for hunting. Gives me a much better sight/target contrast.

This right here. I also replaced my red fiber with a green one too. It’s been very fool proof

I see Williams now makes a whole kit for western style muzzleloader. Not quite this same setup but similar if you can catch their website when it’s in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
I tried the Williams Western Sight and did not really like it. I think this is a better option.

thayerp81

FNG
Ive got a knight disc elite with the SSK blackhorn/ bare primer breech and I LOVE it. I get 1.5-2" groups consistently at 100 yards. I've seen some great deals on older models (like mine) online and at local gun stores. I got mine for $100 from a local pawn shop