Knight ultra lite

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Yes there worth the money! But the 50 cal kicks like a sumbitch I ended up shaving part of the stock down on mine to run the Williams FP sight and it works great!
fb03e8a875c52271acbca3f0b14bfdb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there Lady!! Long time no Visit! Your Ultralight looks SAWEEEEEET!! Awesome setup!!!

Jordon , I see you were ale to get your FP and get it mounted . Do you have any more pics ? Looks like its a straight up factory install.

No I had to do some work to the stock to get it to mount correctly. Stock is too thick and we grinded it down to make the sight work. It’s not pretty by any means but it was worth it to me. I will take pictures for you tomorrow

Hey there Lady!! Long time no Visit! Your Ultralight looks SAWEEEEEET!! Awesome setup!!!

Lew- it was so sweet it didn’t even shoot an elk this year! But sure had a nice time trying to get it done. Was a fun adventure this year getting into the muzzleloader game

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Jordan it still looks great. I too took my UL for a nice long outing , but its still better than work.

And X2 for a tip of the hat to Sabotloader. He's always willing to help out with a wealth of knowledge
and experience!

I really like mine, but I like my MK-85 stock just a bit better due to it being more narrow. That said, I've taken a good bull in UT and a solid WT in OR with it. I love hunting with a Muzzleloader these days!

I really like mine, but I like my MK-85 stock just a bit better due to it being more narrow. That said, I've taken a good bull in UT and a solid WT in OR with it. I love hunting with a Muzzleloader these days!

You know - I know exactly what you mean about the thickness of a the Knight Kevlar stock.

I have ended up taking the ULite out of the Kevlar and dropping it in a composite thumb hole stock to hunt with.

IMG-1227.jpg

For myself this works much better....

I was just looking at the Knight website last night and thinking that I need one of these. The 45 cal fast twist interested me as I already cast my own bullets. What weight and style bullets are you having good luck with? Also, which priming system should I get? I was thinking about the "western" priming that knight offers but not sure how it works with BH209.

I was just looking at the Knight website last night and thinking that I need one of these. The 45 cal fast twist interested me as I already cast my own bullets. What weight and style bullets are you having good luck with? Also, which priming system should I get? I was thinking about the "western" priming that knight offers but not sure how it works with BH209.

BH-209 will not ignite with a western cap unless you duplex the load. If you need the western ignition then I would really suggest you use T7 powder. With caps the 'crud ring' problem is greatly reduced.

If you can use 209 ignition - then it will work very well with BH. I would suggest getting a Lehigh 209 bare primer conversion.

I love my ultralite. Look up some of sabotloader’s older posts on the ultralite and follow his instructions. I set mine up just like his and it flat out shoots.

Yes there worth the money! But the 50 cal kicks like a sumbitch I ended up shaving part of the stock down on mine to run the Williams FP sight and it works great!
fb03e8a875c52271acbca3f0b14bfdb1.jpg

That’s an awesome sight setup. Does the front sight cover most of the deer’s body at 125-150 yards? Thanks.

That’s an awesome sight setup. Does the front sight cover most of the deer’s body at 125-150 yards? Thanks.

I have a gong that i feel is the size of deer vitals and the front sight covers the majority of that area at around the 100 yard mark. There was some room to spare in any direction. I don’t exactly remember off the top of my head the exact distance since it’s been awhile since I’ve shot it with open shots

I have basically the same sight setup on my ULITE.

ULite_Western.jpg

I have change the fiber optic to a green fiber to get better contrast on the target. if you look at this pic you can see the clays @ 100 yards....

6-Birds-100-yds.jpg

This is going to be had to see but I took a picture looking through the peep at the birds. The birds are 2.75 or there about in diameter. If you look closely you can see the fiber would cover the bird at 100. To beat this I choose to use what is called an 8 o'clock hold on the clay. In effect the sight is placed just under the clay or the as if the clay were sitting on top of the green fiber optic. If you look at picture 'H' that is basically what I see.

Open_sight_pictures1.jpg

Picture of the sight picture.

sight-PIc-Clay.jpg

When I sight the rifle in - I sight it in to be 3" high at 100 yards. The sight in method I use is called PBR (Point Blank Range) Hope this helps

I have a gong that i feel is the size of deer vitals and the front sight covers the majority of that area at around the 100 yard mark. There was some room to spare in any direction. I don’t exactly remember off the top of my head the exact distance since it’s been awhile since I’ve shot it with open shots

Thanks. Seems like a good setup.

I have basically the same sight setup on my ULITE.

ULite_Western.jpg

I have change the fiber optic to a green fiber to get better contrast on the target. if you look at this pic you can see the clays @ 100 yards....

6-Birds-100-yds.jpg

This is going to be had to see but I took a picture looking through the peep at the birds. The birds are 2.75 or there about in diameter. If you look closely you can see the fiber would cover the bird at 100. To beat this I choose to use what is called an 8 o'clock hold on the clay. In effect the sight is placed just under the clay or the as if the clay were sitting on top of the green fiber optic. If you look at picture 'H' that is basically what I see.

Open_sight_pictures1.jpg

Picture of the sight picture.

sight-PIc-Clay.jpg

When I sight the rifle in - I sight it in to be 3" high at 100 yards. The sight in method I use is called PBR (Point Blank Range) Hope this helps
Thank you. I’ll have to try that next set up time I draw a NV muzzleloader tag. Last time I had a muzzy tag there I used a rear peep sight and hooded front sight with a duplex reticle bedded in it. I’d like to keep experimenting with sight systems to see what works best for my eyes. It was very challenging in the relatively open terrain to locate bucks from 200-400 yards and know that you had to find a way to stalk in closer to have any chance of an accurate and ethical kill shot. Not nearly as challenging as I imagine bow hunting would be, but challenging for me nonetheless. I love muzzleloader hunting, though I acknowledge I still have so much to learn about it.

Thank you. I’ll have to try that next set up time I draw a NV muzzleloader tag. Last time I had a muzzy tag there I used a rear peep sight and hooded front sight with a duplex reticle bedded in it. I’d like to keep experimenting with sight systems to see what works best for my eyes. It was very challenging in the relatively open terrain to locate bucks from 200-400 yards and know that you had to find a way to stalk in closer to have any chance of an accurate and ethical kill shot. Not nearly as challenging as I imagine bow hunting would be, but challenging for me nonetheless. I love muzzleloader hunting, though I acknowledge I still have so much to learn about it.

Follow this link for more information on PBR

This is a copy of one of my Ballistic Sheets. This the bullet I use for elk hunting. You can see if I sight in 3" high at 100 yds. I can then get a good estimate of the elevation or drop at other ranges. These are close and you really need to shoot them to knw for sure.

Lehigh-452-265-CF-HP.jpg

Follow this link for more information on PBR

This is a copy of one of my Ballistic Sheets. This the bullet I use for elk hunting. You can see if I sight in 3" high at 100 yds. I can then get a good estimate of the elevation or drop at other ranges. These are close and you really need to shoot them to knw for sure.

Lehigh-452-265-CF-HP.jpg
Thank you, that’s both interesting and helpful. I’m not a whiz with ballistics, but am I right in concluding that your bullet is dropping about 8.5” at 225 yards? If so, that seems like a flat shooting setup for a muzzleloader.

Thank you, that’s both interesting and helpful. I’m not a whiz with ballistics, but am I right in concluding that your bullet is dropping about 8.5” at 225 yards? If so, that seems like a flat shooting setup for a muzzleloader.

But realize it is 3" high at 100. That is why I use the PBR method as I do feel it helps me extend my range with out needing to adjust the the sight/scope. I know I am never more than 3" high or low through 200 yards.

Still you have to shoot at a range to verify the numbers.

But realize it is 3" high at 100. That is why I use the PBR method as I do feel it helps me extend my range with out needing to adjust the the sight/scope. I know I am never more than 3" high or low through 200 yards.

Still you have to shoot at a range to verify the numbers.

Interesting in never thought of it like that.
I've considered that sight profile for viability but the 1st rifle I hunted with I was told to hold the bead on and I'm scared under pressure I'll revert and shoot over.

Interesting in never thought of it like that.
I've considered that sight profile for viability but the 1st rifle I hunted with I was told to hold the bead on and I'm scared under pressure I'll revert and shoot over.

Give it a try - I think you will like it... A few sessions at the range will fix you right up