Knight ultralite lehigh adapter not working

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
Installed lehigh bare primer adapter(PA-K1) and breech plug body(BP-BP-K2). Bolt(plastic primer version)will only close half way with or with out primer. Bare primer adapter does say disc elite/extreme but is the only bolt adapter I saw on lehigh site? So what's the problem?

I had the same problem. I believe the breech plug is not bottomed out. I had to make sure the plug was all the way down before it would work. I got a Bestill breach plug and it works great now.

tdhanses

WKR
Installed lehigh bare primer adapter(PA-K1) and breech plug body(BP-BP-K2). Bolt(plastic primer version)will only close half way with or with out primer. Bare primer adapter does say disc elite/extreme but is the only bolt adapter I saw on lehigh site? So what's the problem?
Might be for the knight bare primer setup which is a different bolt then the plastic primer bolt. Might try the Bestill setup.

Totally guessing but I really do not think your breech plug is all the way in and seated.

The FPJ bolt you have with the Primer Adapter installed in combination with the Bare Primer breech plug should work perfectly.

Experiment - remove the bolt and the breech plug. With the breech plug out install the FPJ bolt (red plastic jacket bolt) -so remove the Primer adapter. Then install the bolt again and verify the bolt will close completely. If it does remove the bolt again and install the primer adapter and put the assembly back in and verify that the bolt closes completely.

If all of this works reinstall the breech plug again turn it up snug until the face of the BP is in full contact with the BP stop in the barrel.

Then try the assembly again.

SLTAPING.jpg

OP
R

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
Guys I tried everything you suggested plus some. This is what I have come up with so far!

The rifle arrived with FPJ BOLT and open primer breech plug installed. Just recieved FPJ breech plug. The FPJ bolt with FPJ breech plug works fine. The Lehigh bolt adapter and Lehigh breech plug will not close(3/4 close with or without primer). Knight open primer breech plug will close with no primer,but will not close with primer(3/4close). At this point I thank its a bolt headspace problem or just the name on the box. The knight and Lehigh breech plugs look the same side by side.

Don't think this has anything to do with the breech plug but the stock inlet is way off. A lot more space on right hand side of barrel inlet than left side?! When bolt is moved forward its forcing the safety off(bolt is moving safety to firing position!!) Also the trigger shoe(left side) is pressed against the trigger guard which is forcing Trigger safety lever to dig in to stock as well as bolt.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, will the bolt close with the bare primer plug and the FPJ bolt ONLY? (no adapter)

If so the tolerance issue is the (plug side) of the FPJ adapter is about .060 too thick. You can remove material from that side of the adapter ONLY and it wont hurt a thing. Do not remove any metal from the side that goes in the FPJ slot.

Also what primer are you trying to use?

Guys I tried everything you suggested plus some. This is what I have come up with so far!

The rifle arrived with FPJ BOLT and open primer breech plug installed. Just recieved FPJ breech plug. The FPJ bolt with FPJ breech plug works fine. The Lehigh bolt adapter and Lehigh breech plug will not close(3/4 close with or without primer). Knight open primer breech plug will close with no primer,but will not close with primer(3/4close). At this point I thank its a bolt headspace problem or just the name on the box. The knight and Lehigh breech plugs look the same side by side.

Don't think this has anything to do with the breech plug but the stock inlet is way off. A lot more space on right hand side of barrel inlet than left side?! When bolt is moved forward its forcing the safety off(bolt is moving safety to firing position!!) Also the trigger shoe(left side) is pressed against the trigger guard which is forcing Trigger safety lever to dig in to stock as well as bolt.

You do have a rifle problem call Knight! Call early in the morning Tennessee time and se if you can get Justin. He will make things right. If you can not connect directly send and email addressed to Justin.

OP
R

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, will the bolt close with the bare primer plug and the FPJ bolt ONLY? (no adapter)

If so the tolerance issue is the (plug side) of the FPJ adapter is about .060 too thick. You can remove material from that side of the adapter ONLY and it wont hurt a thing. Do not remove any metal from the side that goes in the FPJ slot.

Also what primer are you trying to use?
Yes the bolt will close on bare plug and FPJ bolt(with no adapter). So you are saying take material off front of bolt adapter(front of adapter facing bore/breech plug?). Win.777 primers. That's all I can find at this time.
I presume you are saying take down bolt adapter
Yes the bolt will close with bare plug and FPJ bolt.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, the side of the adapter that faces the breech plug. Its hitting the nut on the breech plug.

Last edited:

dznnf7

FNG
Did you ever solve this problem? I've got the same, but the bolt won't close on the Lehigh plug and the adapter has clearance at the front - it's hitting the end of the primer tube inside the adapter. I'm 100% sure the BP is seated in a spotlessly clean breech.