Knight Ultralite Order Mistake

Talking to Justin really can work - be sure to follow up with him if you do not hear anything back! He has a ton of irons in the fire. don't be afraid to touch base with him again.
Yes thank you for the advice sabotloader. I would also like to just say thanks for all of the information and expertise you provide on the forums. I got into muzzleloading last year, liked it, and decided to upgrade to a quality muzzleloader. I was able to gather so much information just by reading through old threads and noted your presence and helpful insights in many of the discussions.

OP
iHunt*

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I placed my order just before the nitride was made available again, I am very interested to see if I end up with a cerakote or nitride version. I emailed Justin hoping to at least let them know i would be a very happy customer if a nitride ultra-lite arrived in a few weeks.
Just curious if you heard back from Knight? Sunday will be the 4 week mark since I placed my order. I’m assuming these take longer to receive than the stainless models.

blkqi

WKR
I think you should wait and see if the muzzleloader scope proposal passes next month. If it does you could use it like it is or, at minimum, it would be a little more desirable to a local buyer.

OP
iHunt*

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I think you should wait and see if the muzzleloader scope proposal passes next month. If it does you could use it like it is or, at minimum, it would be a little more desirable to a local buyer.
All sales are final with Knight, there’s no backing out now unfortunately.

blkqi

WKR
Buying from Knight was your first mistake. They charge full retail and the dealer is always cheaper. However I think you will end up a happy customer after all.

Load development is better done with a scope anyway so you can do that while you wait for WDFW to finalize the 2021 equipment rules and/or find a quality smith to do the simple work of tapping for sights.

If you are interested I have some relevant scope mounts, rings, and sights for sale for this model (in the classifieds). In your state. PM me.

Did you end up selling the other one? I am in the same boat as you were. I ordered the ultralite without sights because I had different sights to put on. I’m in Washington. Realized my mistake when barrel had to hole for to sight. Knight should be more descriptive about their options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you end up selling the other one? I am in the same boat as you were. I ordered the ultralite without sights because I had different sights to put on. I’m in Washington. Realized my mistake when barrel had no hole for the sight. Knight should be more descriptive about their options.

TX_Diver

WKR
Is there a site that clearly lists the differences between the knight models?

And which holes exist and don't exist? Sounds like without sights means it's only tapped for a scope mount and not a front site?

OP
iHunt*

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider

And which holes exist and don't exist? Sounds like without sights means it's only tapped for a scope mount and not a front site?
It does list the differences on the Knight website now and it would appear they’ve changed the options to “with sights” or “without sights, not predrilled” implying scope only.

robwill54

FNG

Look at the FAQ page. All are drilled for a scope. Some have sights too(western)
Bob

TX_Diver

WKR
Look at the FAQ page. All are drilled for a scope. Some have sights too(western)
Bob

Makes a little more sense. Still would be nice if there was a clear comparison between models, i.e. what makes the disc different from the mountaineer, etc.

Sounds like I need to order one with sights if I want to be able to use open sites, rather than ordering without sights and adding them later.

robwill54

FNG
Makes a little more sense. Still would be nice if there was a clear comparison between models, i.e. what makes the disc different from the mountaineer, etc.

Sounds like I need to order one with sights if I want to be able to use open sites, rather than ordering without sights and adding them later.
I’m thinking of getting a ultralight. I will order with sights because even though I’m in Texas, I sometimes draw a tag in New Mexico. In talking to my friends there yesterday I learned that they no longer allow scopes on muzzleloaders because their harvest rate is too high. It was that or cut back the number of tags and you know how they love the revenue. Other states may follow