Knight wolverine questions

Manakh

FNG
I am a total muzzleloader newbie here so forgive me.

Right now the knight wolverine is on sale and I'm curious on opinions of this muzzleloader vs an ultra lite or mountaineer or others. Huge price difference but is it worth it?

Looking for 209 primer for here in wa.

I am a total muzzleloader newbie here so forgive me.

Right now the knight wolverine is on sale and I'm curious on opinions of this muzzleloader vs an ultra lite or mountaineer or others. Huge price difference but is it worth it?

Looking for 209 primer for here in wa.

Good luck finding any 209 primers right now - especially at a reasonable price...

The Wolverine is a great basic plunger action rifle. Accurate and easy to use. Using 209 ignition is not the best thing in the world just from a safety factor.

The ULite is by far the better rifle and more versatile.

Even the DISC is a great rifle with all the versatility of the ULite.

To me.... the price difference between the Wolverine and the DISC is a small factor. The price difference between the the Wolverine, the DISC, and the ULIte is a much bigger difference. But... if it is is reachable for the ULite would be my choice.

OP
Manakh

Manakh

FNG
Good luck finding any 209 primers right now - especially at a reasonable price...

The Wolverine is a great basic plunger action rifle. Accurate and easy to use. Using 209 ignition is not the best thing in the world just from a safety factor.

The ULite is by far the better rifle and more versatile.

Even the DISC is a great rifle with all the versatility of the ULite.

To me.... the price difference between the Wolverine and the DISC is a small factor. The price difference between the the Wolverine, the DISC, and the ULIte is a much bigger difference. But... if it is is reachable for the ULite would be my choice.

Through my readings I started doing I've ran across your name quite a bit so I'm really glad you chimed in here!!

If it were you, for western Wa what would you suggest?
I simply want to be able to pull that trigger with confidence rain or shine and with less chance of a delay. The wolverine and ultra lite appeal to me a bit more with their overall length being shorter then the mountaineer for example.
And at this point in life I'm not super gung ho with modding a gun before this upcoming fall. Maybe down the line but not right now.

The few guys I know with muzzleloaders said "get the wolverine", "get the ultra lite with 209", "whatever you get use 209 primers" or "just get a knight" pretty vague really...

So I'm open to suggestions. I just saw the wolverine is only like $250 right now.

I got a buddy that will give me 50 209 primers if I want them.

If it were you, for western Wa what would you suggest?

That would be an easy decision for me, but I am totally biased because the rifles work so well for me.

My first choice would be a ULite with, in your case 209 ignition, but there is a suggestion here also.

9-7-Western-ULite.jpg

Second choice would be the DISC

Knight-DISC-Extreme-Western.jpg

I simply want to be able to pull that trigger with confidence rain or shine and with less chance of a delay. The wolverine and ultra lite appeal to me a bit more with their overall length being shorter then the mountaineer for example.

Because you a in Washington you can take advantage of the Washington rules allowing you to use 209 ignition and eve sabotted bullets. And actually I really do not mind that they have not approved scopes as of now. But... I have to say even if you chose the Wolverine shooting percussion caps - you can make it virtually reliable in rotten lousy weather using #11 Mag caps and the correct nipple to get a tight water proof fit of the cap to the nipple.

Rain or shine should not be a problem with a properly prepared Knight.
And at this point in life I'm not super gung ho with modding a gun before this upcoming fall. Maybe down the line but not right now.

If you were to go with the ULite or the DISC with 209 ignition there could be some small modifications that are easy to to insure the operation you want. I should also say if you went with the DISC or ULite with 209 FPJ ignition one of the modifications would not be necesary. With the 'Red Plastic Jacket' (FPJ) the breech is water proof.
The few guys I know with muzzleloaders said "get the wolverine", "get the ultra lite with 209", "whatever you get use 209 primers" or "just get a knight" pretty vague really...

So I'm open to suggestions. I just saw the wolverine is only like $250 right now.

Again the Wolverine is a good functioning basic ML - but again for me I would go with the DISC or better yet the ULite.

I got a buddy that will give me 50 209 primers if I want them.

You might want to get those - but hopefully by the time you really need them they will be available again at a decent price.

One other point if you plan on getting a NEW Knight from Knight you will probably need to make a decision soon. It takes Knight a lot of time these days to get a rifle out of the plant and into distribution. I would try to get ahold of Knight and inquire about availability.

Check your Personal Messages - I am going to send you one now. OK I think I got a message off to you - if you do not receive it - let me know.

mike

Last edited: