Kobe Bryant died today

Broomd

WKR
Dang. Helicopters claim another. Those things are so dangerous.
Sad story for sure. RIP.

We have a new neighbor down the street, very cool dude and family, from California no less. He retired at 42, after 21 years of cropdusting in CA with his choppers.
He told me that vitually every day he encountered life threatening occurrences. How he lived so long and to retirement doing his thing in helicopters was miraculous.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not an NBA fan, but I liked him. He seemed like a good role model. Not like the majority of professional athletes these days. What a shame.

Azone

WKR
Sad story for sure. RIP.

We have a new neighbor down the street, very cool dude and family, from California no less. He retired at 42, after 21 years of cropdusting in CA with his choppers.
He told me that vitually every day he encountered life threatening occurrences. How he lived so long and to retirement doing his thing in helicopters was miraculous.

I've watched the applicators in those helicopters do some crazy things out here. Diving under power lines, then standing that chopper up near vertical against a tree row while turning and diving back down on a field. Those guys are daredevils forsure, but the pay they make is pretty damn hefty also.

But back to the subject at hand, tragedy plain and simple, especially his daughter being taken so young.

Rob5589

WKR
Life long Laker fan; just terrible. What do you say to your 13 year old daughter as you are plummeting to the earth...😔

My heart goes out to everyone's surviving family. Not to take anything away from Kobe Bryant's death, but it truly breaks my heart when I hear about young lives being lost, I couldn't imagine loosing a child. RIP to all involved.

And this is what should be said today. Not the other crap. Well said and I couldn’t agree more.

I genuinely wasn’t trying to be insensitive to a person dying. I apologize if my comments came off that way on this thread.

Yep, RIP.

Since I work at an inner city school here in Ca, I will have a very busy day tomorrow, and likely all week. I mean, what do you say to school age children when their icon is tragically taken.

Grew up in the greater LA area. I had a part time job in high school/college where I worked at Staples changing the floors over for basketball, hockey, concerts etc. There were times where we needed to change the floor over after a game but Kobe would be in the arena long after everyone had gone/after a game, working on a specific shot. I remember getting to watch him in an empty arena on occasion...sometimes for five minutes...sometimes for an hour...just shooting. It was damn cool. Before I had any cell phone or social media...just got to watch him uninterrupted.

In 02, I also had a part time job during the Christmas season delivering Christmas trees. A delivery ticket came up for Kobe's house in Newport. Delivered a tree to his house. He shared a funny story about a job he had when he was young. Took the time to thank me for setting up the tree and gave me a $200 cash tip (for a tree that cost $100).

Sad story to say the least, especially because of his young daughter. Shows our fallibility as human beings and the fact that in the end, none of us get out of here alive. Just another reason to tell the people around you how much you love them.