Kodiak 10x10 Canvas Tent Tour

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
A tour of my early May 2021 fishing camp and Kodiak 10x10 canvas tent. A nice palace for one person.
After 6 days of camping/fishing nearby Lake Panguitch and enduring first 3 days of high winds. Didn't set up the front vestibule off the awning due to gusting overnight winds in the 40-60MPH range. Thus set my camp kitchen inside the tent, which I almost never do.

When vehicle camping, fishing, hunting out of state, this is my go to tent.
You know how you always forget something...on this trip I forgot my outdoor carpet for the tent inside floor. Substituted a blanket instead by the cot.

SEE/SEARCH Video: KODIAK CANVAS TENT 10X10 TOUR

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Nice. I grabbed one of them this year - it';s a good, roomy tent. Not light, but not made for backpacking.

What's the crossbar between the uprights for the awning? Is that part of the additional vestibule?

Love mine! It really is a palace for one person, and still crazy comfy for two. I have my kitchen inside by the door and two cots in an "L" shape in the left and back sides as you enter. Like an apartment in the mountains.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I've had one for 1.5 years. It has treated me well thus far.

I am part of a Kodiak fan page on FB. Theres growing sentiment with them that they don't have any CS and/or parts currently.

Something to be aware of.

They are rock solid tents. Setup is dead simple and can be done by one person. They can withstand quite a bit of wind and if you can keep away from the walls they are very waterproof. I sold mine in a fit of lunacy and still regret it.

When I saw 10x10 I thought this was about a tarp, got me really excited