Kodiak blacktail hunt info

I just returned from hunting with ninilchik charters this last week, can’t recommend them enough. Great group of guys and the experience was well worth it! They got us into some good spots to kill some great deer. We had Johnny and Daniel as captain and deck hand and they were great! Enjoy your hunt! -Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see some pics! Glad you had a great time!

TravKatQ

WKR
Let's see some pics! Glad you had a great time!

49b93572090a16de7ba8f5c0f96bbb16.jpg

My biggest buck of the trip
180291b293accceb926456ffe5d50354.jpg
my dads as well!
b5d83930846b62b41ec0e1e7a8670773.jpg

Had to work for them but was a great trip!

daddie63

WKR
Beautiful bucks. Looks like a great time. These pics are a friendly reminder to plan a hunt like this out. Congrats on the hunt

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Great bucks & congrats. Can’t wait to experience Kodiak myself

cgasner1

WKR
My buddy went in 2018 he killed one that made it somewhere in the mid teens all time b and c pretty cool seeing someone you know name over chuck Adams lol we booked after he got back and was telling us how good the operation is 10 of us are going did you catch any halibut?

TravKatQ

WKR
My buddy went in 2018 he killed one that made it somewhere in the mid teens all time b and c pretty cool seeing someone you know name over chuck Adams lol we booked after he got back and was telling us how good the operation is 10 of us are going did you catch any halibut?

That is pretty awesome! Ya great operation all in all. They just got a new boat in service that I’m sure a big group like yours will be on and it’s top notch! Fishin was a little slow as we had some bad weather and chose to hunt on the good days but tons of rockfish and few salmon.

cgasner1

WKR
I’m debating on flying up early and trying to get on a different boat to go halibut fishing before the trip and renting a truck and trying to do some predator calling for those cross fox

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
What are the regulations for taking a Fox? Considered a predator & fair game under your hunting license or is a special license required?

glass eye

FNG
Anyone hunt it in early December ? How does it compare with the rut in early Nov ?

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody have buck & fox pictures they care to share?

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Nick. Those fox out there have some of the coolest color variations on them. I would really love to harvest one & do a mount or rug.

Are they pretty prevalent while glassing for deer or is a predator call with plans to hunt them the way?

Some places I've hunted you'll see fox all day long and all over. Other places I've been, haven't seen a fox or even a fox track in several times being there.

cgasner1

WKR
Do you think I’d be able to call some in if I went early and rented a truck and out some time in for them?

cgasner1

WKR
I really enjoy the time behind my fox pro just trying to figure out ways to spend more time up there since I’m traveling all that way

Oregon

WKR
I really enjoy the time behind my fox pro just trying to figure out ways to spend more time up there since I’m traveling all that way

you might call something in you weren’t planning on. Big and brown and the size of a VW bug.
With that said, I’ve carried a rabbit in distress call and have blown on it a few times while chasing deer. Never called in anything. Ive always shot my fox by happenstance.

cgasner1

WKR
Mojo outdoors has a really cool show where they call them in they only set up on the beach so they can see what’s coming in