Kodiak blacktail hunt info

OP
F

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Choice of weapon is always a personal choice imo. I’ve watched a video of a hunter with an AR platform rifle on Kodiak so it’s doable.

It sounds like you have a similar plan as us for the cabin/spike out scenario. When are you planning the trip? I’d be interested to hear a report if it’s before we make our trip in 21 or 22.

Yeah I think I’ve convinced myself to go for it (always looking for an excuse for a new gun).

We’re not totally sure when we’re going back yet, likely 21 or 22 as well. My hunting partner lived there for a while (dad was a coastie) but they only really hunted the road system so it’s gonna be a new experience for us. When we were up there hunting ducks last January, the guy we stayed with was telling us about hunting elk on afognak from a forest service cabin and it sounded like an awesome time

Looks like I might have to start putting together a Kodiak hunt! Sounds like loads of fun. I just recently (last 4 years) started venturing out of my home state of California to other hunting locations and have found that there is so much beautiful country to see and different game to hunt, I want to do as much as I can before my body gives out. Idaho elk again this year, maybe alaska next year. Going to follow this thread.