Kodiak blacktail

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to go on a Kodiak blacktail hunt in 2021 in November.south end of the island And wondering what the weather will b like? Temps? Any other tips or thoughts much appreciated a little overwhelmed sometimes with the research as this will b my first Alaska trip. Thanks

TBarron

WKR
Hunted 5 days the first week of November 2 years ago. Snowed first 2 days, 50mph wind and squall like condition another, then beautiful and sunny the other 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally unpredictable for the weather. Prepare for everything, including canceling your trip. At a minimum a couple weather days. Who knows could be sunny and warm, but that’s less likely.

The good news is that it rarely gets bitterly cold, the Pacific currents tend to “moderate” the weather. Late November the bears will be sleeping and the deer should be on or near the beach. I would prepare for cold, lots of wind snow and rain. I’m not sure about Kodiak, I don’t track it, but just 100 miles north it was the coldest with more snow than any in the last 20 years.
Have a great trip.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah. That’s not possible to predict. I’ve been there in November in every condition you can imagine. 50° bluebird, single digits and snow, all the way to 90mph monsoon. Better be ready for ANY conditions in November on Kodiak.

35-55 degrees, maybe in the low 30s at night if clear. Prepare for wind and rain, maybe even snow.

And bears will not likely be sleeping by Late November as salmonchaser stated, and I wouldn't count on deer being on the beach.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
My experience on kodiak was like when the rain started in forest gump. Flight got delayed due to heavy fog. Also lost almost 2 hunting days due to sustained 70mph+ winds. That was a legit 70 mph too bring tents that can handle rain and wind. My experience is it is usually raining, about to rain, or just got done raining. I didnt see the sun for a week.

I was there in Dec a few years back chasing deer and ducks and the bears were still out.

Toadballs

FNG
The bears are certainly going to be out. I hunted the south end second week of November last year, we got a dozen.
You might find some deer down low but if you want something bigger you have to go high. Like, for sure above the brush. I shot our groups biggest while I was on the way to shoot a goat-you are gonna be looking for alpine hanging valleys. A bunch of deer died off last year with the heavy snow but you will do fine I bet. Make sure to take a tarp to sit out the squalls, which will be often, and offer up a good opportunity to glass. The lower half of your body is gonna be soaked. Unavoidable.

Okay, I’m headed down there the end of this month to chase goats, but now ya’ll got me scared with all that bear, heavy rain,and high wind talk. Fortunately I’ll have my trusty ‘ol floorless HMG shelter to keep me safe....hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk