Kodiak blacktails

Luke, I would like to hear more about your trip this year. If you get time, send me an email at [email protected] or a PM... I plan to pick your brain over the next few months if that is ok with you!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
PM me your number Nick and we'll chat...certainly not a Kodiak deer hunting pro by any means, just been there 5 times but mostly goat hunting.

Luke, I am headed to POW, not Kodiak. I will PM you my number and we can talk a bit over the summer. I am headed there in November.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Inbox cleaned out. But got your email...I'll give ya a call this evening.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Old thread, but it did mention winter impact on the Blacktails... Anyone have good data on the last winter's impact (2012-2013)?

OP
AK Troutbum
Kodiak had a relatively mild winter so there shouldn't be a lot of winterkill. It's still going to take several mild winters for the population to rebound though.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kodiak had a relatively mild winter so there shouldn't be a lot of winterkill. It's still going to take several mild winters for the population to rebound though.
Thanks. Figured it would take a few years... Here is to rooting for their success! : )