Kodiak Bound!!

Jdallen

FNG
Here's a couple pics of the goats we took on our recent trip to Kodiak with Mr. Moffat.... Thanks again Luke, wouldn't have happened without you!!

Attachments

• Goat 1.jpg
    Goat 1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Goat 2.jpg
    Goat 2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Goat 3.jpg
    Goat 3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Goat 4.jpg
    Goat 4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 82

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Here ya go Jdallen, helping ya out:
Brettsgoat.jpg

Brettwithgoat.jpg

Johnathanwithgoat.jpg

JohnathanwithLuke.jpg

Great hunt with you guys!!! Wet, cold, but very fun and some BIG billies tipped over in a hurry making for some heavy heavy packs!!!

Last edited:

shanevg

WKR
Here's a couple pics of the goats we took on our recent trip to Kodiak with Mr. Moffat.... Thanks again Luke, wouldn't have happened without you!!

Now those are some dirty goats! Congrats on the great goats. The last billy looks really nice!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA...apparently my Kodiak luck has run out Thruhunter, no longer do I get rain free trips to Kodiak like my first 4 hunts there....and it made up for it in a 3 day hunt!!! Soaked!!!!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Becca, what's up girl? Our parties missed each other by a day...

We caught the good weather that week, and I was hoping for a nice nanny for the freezer.

Ended up shooting this old billy, and the meat was just too tough to chew. My dogs even tried it, and they finally had to just swallow it, choked and gagged on it for a minute or so and then barfed it up.

Fun times though, proud you made it happen. You're the come-back queen in my books! Congrats

Tell Luke what's up!

my goat 1.jpgmy goat 3.jpg

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Becca, what's up girl? Our parties missed each other by a day...

We caught the good weather that week, and I was hoping for a nice nanny for the freezer.

Ended up shooting this old billy, and the meat was just too tough to chew. My dogs even tried it, and they finally had to just swallow it, choked and gagged on it for a minute or so and then barfed it up.

Fun times though, proud you made it happen. You're the come-back queen in my books! Congrats

Tell Luke what's up!

View attachment 5984View attachment 5985

Thanks so much Larry, and great to see ya last month in Vegas!

Congrats on an awesome billy, but bummer it wasn't better eating. Ground goat (when it's good) makes the best burgers out there! We saw the plane fly over on our pack out, and turns out Roland was headed to pick you guys up...you must have made it back to town just before the fog settled in. He was able to get us off the mountain later that day, but we couldn't land in town so we got a bonus night at a remote place owned by his folks. It all added to the experience :)