Kodiak Canvas Flexbow Stovejack... out the top?

ewade07

WKR
So, I have a 10x14 Flexbow and I plan on putting a stove jack in it. I have a Winnerwell stovejack, my question is does it have to go out the side or can it goe out the top? All the pictures I've seen have the pipe coming out the side. Any of you guys running one of these tents with the stovejack?

92xj

WKR
I ran mine out the wall because I did not want to chance messing up, ripping or doing something odd with the stretching of the roof canvas. Being a flex bow style, it relies on the stretch of the canvas of the roof to hold shape and it just wasn't a risk I wanted to take. Also, if drips come in, I'd much rather them run down the wall instead of the roof, but that isn't likely.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
I ran mine out the wall because I did not want to chance messing up, ripping or doing something odd with the stretching of the roof canvas. Being a flex bow style, it relies on the stretch of the canvas of the roof to hold shape and it just wasn't a risk I wanted to take. Also, if drips come in, I'd much rather them run down the wall instead of the roof, but that isn't likely.
Ah, didnt know the roofing material was different. Although, I should have known that. Derp.

92xj

WKR
Ah, didnt know the roofing material was different. Although, I should have known that. Derp.
Its not different, it is just pulled super tight with the flex rods on the ends. The walls have no pull in them from setup, so I didn't fear any extra ripping or messing with the shape where the roof is pulled super tight and didn't want to risk it.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
Its not different, it is just pulled super tight with the flex rods on the ends. The walls have no pull in them from setup, so I didn't fear any extra ripping or messing with the shape where the roof is pulled super tight and didn't want to risk it.
No sense in taking a chance of ruining the tent!

92xj Have you had any leaking or other issues because of your stovejack?

How much room does it feel like you give up to have the stove? Does it turn it into a two man tent?

92xj

WKR
92xj Have you had any leaking or other issues because of your stovejack?

How much room does it feel like you give up to have the stove? Does it turn it into a two man tent?
I have had zero issues with the stove jack and never leaked. Has a nice flap when stove is not in use.
With stove I can run a queen air mattress and two large dog beds that would easily equal the size of a third sleeping spot and still a place to stand in the dead center.

92xj

WKR