Kodiak Canvas

corncob

WKR
While visiting the in-laws this weekend I went to a Cabela’s about 45 min away and they had one in stock and they honored the price and 10% Tuesday discount after I showed them my cancelled order. May be worth a shot for those trying to still make it happen.

Wow, thats a string of good luck. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'd be more inclined to guess that Corona virus destroyed their normal sales volume and they've got to clear out inventory. These tents haven't been changed in decades.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Update for those with Cabelas orders:

Just got off the phone with CS at Cabelas and the rep I had was awesome and went above and beyond for me but I ended up being SOL.

He looked into it for me and it said that they’re not expecting to get replenished by the vendor until 08/17/2020. He told me BP had them in stock but I told him my previous experiences with cancelled orders and he hesitantly agreed that that is probably what would happen if I put the order in through BP. He also said that if they (Cabelas) don’t get their additional stock prior to the 08/17/2020 date, there’s a good chance that my order would get cancelled anyways.

Just wanted to pass the info along so nobody else was waiting on the tent for a family camping trip like I was.

One more update as I did pretty much the same thing: I called 6/1 after my order was cancelled a few days prior. The Bass Pro guy said that they weren't estimated to be back in stock until September so their system automatically cancels orders if the restock date goes beyond 60 days so I was SOL. That night I checked again, saw that the item was no longer "Low Stock" so I placed another order. Lo and behold, it shipped and I was charged the full price. I called today and the Bass Pro guy was able to give me a partial refund to match the sale price.

This time I shipped to store in case I had to take it up with the Customer Service people there, so now I just have to go pick it up.

corncob

WKR
One more update as I did pretty much the same thing: I called 6/1 after my order was cancelled a few days prior. The Bass Pro guy said that they weren't estimated to be back in stock until September so their system automatically cancels orders if the restock date goes beyond 60 days so I was SOL. That night I checked again, saw that the item was no longer "Low Stock" so I placed another order. Lo and behold, it shipped and I was charged the full price. I called today and the Bass Pro guy was able to give me a partial refund to match the sale price.

This time I shipped to store in case I had to take it up with the Customer Service people there, so now I just have to go pick it up.

How long did you have to stay on hold to get through? I called yesterday because I shipped my order to store and it still shows in-transit, but gave up after about 45 min.

Last edited:
I did a lot of research and decided to go with Springbar instead of Kodiak

How long did you have to stay on hold to get through? I called yesterday because I shipped my order to store and it still shows in-transit, but gave up after about 45 min.

About 10 minutes.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I was waiting until 6/5 to cancel my amazon order as that was the restock date listed on the kodiak website. Sure enough, my order was processed on the 6th. Should be here end of this week. Just depen
10x14 is back in-stock on Amazon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yep! I never actually canceled my order so it shipped on the 6th. Looks like the sale price is still up though if anyone still wants in!

Got notification from BPS that it was available for pickup at the store (MI)

I had ordered one last night for full price based on the last couple comments of price matching, but am on the phone now to cancel that full price order.

Glad that it arrived at the discount!

jeffpg

WKR
That's a great price on the 10 x 14 at Amazon, but I can't bring myself to order one without going with the Super Deluxe model.

I believe the 2 additional large windows on each end would be excellent in warm weather.

mmac

WKR
I did a mind numbing amount of research as well and ended up with a springbar hot tent. Very happy so far.

corncob

WKR
I did a lot of research and decided to go with Springbar instead of Kodiak

Why did you decide to go that route?

Why did you decide to go that route?

Several reasons, The "hot tent" kit is turn key and Kodiak doesn't offer a wood stove option.
I looked at the Kodiak in a Cabelas and the sewing/stitching didn't look as clean.
Springbar is the originator of the tent (making this tent since 1961), Kodiak "borrowed" the design.
Better reviews, both have good reviews, but Springbar had less (virtually none) bad reviews.
Springbar is made in the USA (mostly, they now have a line outside US) and has a fantastic reputation of customer service.
Springbar was in stock which wasn't a big factor, but was nice.

I know I paid a little more, but am good with that