Kodiak Charters/Kodiak Safaris

TheMadCatter

Just wanted to make a quick update on Kodiak Safaris/Kodiak Charters with Randy and Terri Blondin out of Larsen Bay.

First day here I killed a decent buck and saw over 60 deer along with 4 bucks. Hoping today will be an even better day, weather is extremely cold and windy conditions.

I’ll update this thread as the days go on. 8C65984F-2F26-467E-8A34-51EFD20F437D.jpeg

OP
TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter

E4BAB365-A0CA-47DE-AB8A-7C8E031E92B9.jpeg
Day 2 on Kodiak was a fun one! Shot another buck and a Fox. I made one of the longest shots I’ve ever made with Savage Arms 28 Nosler. 722 yards with Nosler 150gr E-Tips with a complete pass through shoulder through shoulder! Unbelievable what this bullet and gun can do. I decided to drag my buck on the snow because it was WAY easier to get it to the beach that way than packing it. While I was sitting on the beach this beautiful fox came out and I decided to pull the trigger. Our entire group got three bucks and five Fox for the day. My buddy got his first buck and a cross Fox! We’re headed out today to try to catch some Halibut.

Dmartin88

Wow that looks & sounds like a great experience! Such beautiful scenery and the animals are beautiful as well! A kodiak deer hunt is getting pretty high on my bucket list!

Rogue Bay

Looks like an incredible trip! Sitka blacktails are at the top of my bucket list. Congrats and thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Mike B.

Awesome deer man! And those Kodiak mega-foxes are unreal!!!

Are the bears still running around? We were there at the beginning of November (it was still fairly warm) and they were literally everywhere. That was inland though.

daddie63

Looks like the full experience right there. Congrats.

I gotta plan a trip out there.