Kodiak Island August or November?

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Article and post are here, it was a good adventure but the hunting was tough

We had a very tuff hunt. Not many buck sightings and the weather was not favorable. Definitely a awesome place! I would pick somewhere that is unknown we went to a known drop off location and after a day of being there another camp rolled in and on the backside of our mtn range there was another camp hunting the same range. I would definitely pick a mtn lake that is unnamed next time! We will definitely be going back. Very beautiful place but also very unforgiving!! Be prepared for lots of rain and wind

Most of the lakes are unnamed, or they’re just identified by their elevation. If you can land and take off from a lake on Kodiak, trust me, it’s being hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 of us are going mid to late August '22
Don't want to deal with bears and I live in a place with shitty weather so don't want to vacation in it on an island in November
Plus the fishing is a big part of the trip also
Muley,
I noticed you had mentioned an emphasis on fishing. Does that mean you were staying on the salt? We are planning to go Late August ’24 to get on some good fishing, staying at a lodge. We are planning to do plenty of hiking to get up to the deer each day. How did your trip turn out? Looking for insights into the feasibility of a salt based camp whereas it seems most hunters here opt for a fly-in drop camp that time of year. I would PM you but I don’t have that capability as of now.

Hunting sucked
Fishing was great
We flew into a lake
Fished out of Kodiak
I wouldn't spend money hunting deer there in August or probably ever again but I would go just to fish for sure