Kodiak Island outfitter help

I’ve never done a boat based hunt, but a part of me has always wanted to. The thought of either sleeping in a very well protected cabin with heat and a shower, while anchored off in a protected bay, or in an actual lodge, eating good/real food, away from the bears, is very appealing indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second Kodiak Combos. He has the ability to take you many places on a beautiful Ocean Sport. You can’t beat blacktail hunting mixed in with king salmon trolling and halibut fishing. I personally have not hunted with him, but have talked with those who have, he come highly recommended.

PM sent.

My brother, dad and I are hoping to do a self guided Sitka Blacktail hunt on Kodiak in 2021. I found Raspberry Island Lodge that looks like a decent outfit but they won't provide a reference list. I found that kind of weird/alarming.

Has anyone on here hunted with Raspberry Island Lodge and if so would you recommend us go with them? We are also looking into hunting them from a boat/yacht but this post is more specifically about Raspberry Island lodge.

Thank you in advance for reading and for any answers that might be provided.

V-TRAIN

WKR
is it a okay time to hunt these in early August ? was thinking about trying to set something up for next year and taking my daughter before school started back. so it would need to be around the first week of August.
seems like most are going later, bit trying to do it without missing school. was also interested in fishing also.

is it a okay time to hunt these in early August ? was thinking about trying to set something up for next year and taking my daughter before school started back. so it would need to be around the first week of August.
seems like most are going later, bit trying to do it without missing school. was also interested in fishing also.

Yeah, you usually just have to go a little higher for them is all. Early Aug. is too early for silver fishing, but you could probably still find some reds around, and there’s good halibut fishing off shore.

V-TRAIN

WKR
Yeah, you usually just have to go a little higher for them is all. Early Aug. is too early for silver fishing, but you could probably still find some reds around, and there’s good halibut fishing off shore.

So mid August maybe for Silvers ?

V-TRAIN

WKR
I think its been almost 25 years ago now, but back when i was in college i salmon fished in Talkeetna.
Seems like that was late July or early August, cause seems like school started back the week after i got home.
I remember fish were everywhere then.
Are they just up there sooner ?

IDK, the Talkeetna/Clear creek gets an early run of reds and kings in late May and early June, but when we think the start of silvers, we think Labor Day weekend.

V-TRAIN

WKR
K, thanks so much. I am gonna make some calls this evening, might try and do it this year if they have openings.

We have had to cancel two vacations this year already because of the covid mess. Were supposed to go skiing in April, resort closed, had to cancel. This week was supposed to go to Baniff, Jasper, and Glacier National parks. Canada border was closed so we switched everything around, shortened, and were gonna do Glacier. There is some tribal land you have to cross to get to the northern section of the park, and they voted this week to keep that closed, so we cancelled over the weekend. Would like to try and go do something if we could.

I did draw a mule deer tag for New Mexico this year, but would like to go somewhere with the family. lol
Its just hard to go anywhere when everything is closed.