Kodiak RG480 Hunt

MKeeter

FNG
Possibly looking to plan a goat hunt for RG480 this September depending on my buddy’s PCS transfer. Anyhow just looking for any info on lakes to fly into, flight costs, success? Thank you for any insight.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Possibly looking to plan a goat hunt for RG480 this September depending on my buddy’s PCS transfer. Anyhow just looking for any info on lakes to fly into, flight costs, success? Thank you for any insight.

Just go fly with Taj at Island Air and if you’re willing to do the work, he’ll put you somewhere worthwhile. The times I’ve gone over to Kodiak, he’s taken extremely good care of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MKeeter

MKeeter

FNG
Just go fly with Taj at Island Air and if you’re willing to do the work, he’ll put you somewhere worthwhile. The times I’ve gone over to Kodiak, he’s taken extremely good care of us.

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

OP
MKeeter

MKeeter

FNG
Roger that. Thanks for the info.
I don’t meet the classifieds “criteria” yet, but would like to get in contact with Steve S who is selling the Fierce in 300wsm. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it. Matt (916) 715-1624

Taj doesn’t work there anymore.

OP
MKeeter

MKeeter

FNG
Has anyone flown with Willy from Kodiak Air Service?

Hate to steal this thread. OP or anyone that sees this, hit me up if you’re interested in a boat based hunt this March out of Old Harbor. I’ve had a bunch of family stuff come up preventing me from going. Group of 4 is ideal. Message me for details. Very high success hunt

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I've flown with Seahawk Air twice now and they have been fantastic. My advice would be to book your flight early in the year.

No shit? Glad I didn’t call him to setup a trip.
emoji1787.png

Did he split off and go to work with his old man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and his sister bought their parents lodge and are now running t
Taj sold his super cub and he and his sister bought their parents lodge over on the peninsula.

Rolan (Seahawk Air), is also an excellent pilot and he has several decades flying on the island, but he is a one owner operator and only has a beaver on floats. Island Air has a pretty large assortment of aircraft with variable rates depending on what size plane you're needing.

Looney

FNG
Luckily there is no shortage of quality pilots around here on Kodiak. Andrew air, Seahawk, Willy, or Island Air will all put you where you need to be.

carter33

WKR
Luckily there is no shortage of quality pilots around here on Kodiak. Andrew air, Seahawk, Willy, or Island Air will all put you where you need to be.

I think Andrew air was bought out by island air. I was thinking island and seahawk air were the only two left but I’m not familiar with Willy so could be wrong...

I flew with island air n couldn’t have been more impressed. They were flexible and extremely accommodating. Due to wind they couldn’t land on the lake I wanted but they were great at helping pick a secondary spot which was full of goats. They stored some gear while we were weathered in a couple nights before getting out n shuttled us around town pick last minute items up. Even helped point us in the right direction for some local deer hunting during the couple days we were stuck in Kodiak. I feel like our group really asked a lot of them and they put up with it all with a smile and didn’t act like we were an inconvenience at all. Pilot was also great in every way.

Looney

FNG
Shoot, nice catch. I spaced that. I flew with Island air twice last year, and I've got lots of friends who fly with Willy on a regular basis and hear nothing but the best from them.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Taj sold his super cub and he and his sister bought their parents lodge over on the peninsula.

Partly true. He didn’t sell the cub. Still has it. Spoke with him last week. Felt bad for having not caught up and known all that!

Facepalm.

Partly true. He didn’t sell the cub. Still has it. Spoke with him last week. Felt bad for having not caught up and known all that!

Facepalm.

IDK Adam, you might want to tell that guide up in the Brooks range, that the SC he’s been flying around in, isn’t actually his.