Kodiak Self Guided hunt/cabin rentals

Does anyone care to share any reviews for outfits that rent cabins on Kodiak for self guided deer hunting? Me and a buddy would like to take our dads in 2021, they would not enjoy themselves sleeping on the ground in a tent for a week. I've checked out a few pages on a google search but you can never tell who is good and who is bad by their web page alone. I've also seen where the forest service offers cabins throughout the island and I'm not opposed to that but again, its hard for me to tell which areas or cabins are good and which aren't. Thanks for any help.

OFFHNTN

WKR
We rented one of the Government Use cabins they have. Can't remember if it's through the forest service, or the game and fish, etc, but a search should turn them up. We rented the one on Deadman's Bay and it was like $45 a night 8 years ago. It was awesome, we had to bring our own oil for the furnace, but it was plenty big for 4 guys. We went late season, end of November and first part of December so the days were short, dark by like 6 and getting back to a warm dry cabin at the end of the day for a good meal and a drink with hunting stories was one of the highlights of the trip.

OFFHNTN

WKR
Keep in mind these cabins are no secret and you'd probably have better hunting if you were dropped somewhere else without an established campsite, With that said my dad killed some real nice bucks from a number of those cabins in the 90's on later season hunts.
https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234629/campsites

Great point. If I were to go again and use them, I'd go earlier in the year. Since we went late season, the deer were EXTREMELY spooky. I am talking busting from several hundred yards away. I brought my bow hoping to to arrow one after hearing about how "tame" they were. After the first day, my bow never left it's case and the 2 bucks I did shoot were between 150-275 yards. Talked to another group on the dock on the trip back and they were dropped and camped on there own and had several deer at very close range.