Kodiak winter so far?

mcseal2

WKR
I was curious how the deer are doing at this point of the winter up there?

My hunting plans changed today when I didn't draw an elk tag. Last years results showed I had a 97% chance of drawing so I planned my fall around it., guess I should have known better. That's part of the game and a risk I knew going into it. Now I'm trying to decide between seeing if I'm to late to line up a blacktail hunt and burning muley points somewhere else.

Thanks for your help.

Winter is mild and no snow below 1000ft today high temp 40, low last night was 35

Keep your head on a swivel!

I hear that the warm weather down there has kept the bears awake, and hangry, and folks in town are having some issues. Are you guys having many problems in Old Harbor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that the warm weather down there has kept the bears awake, and hangry, and folks in town are having some issues. Are you guys having many problems in Old Harbor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were having issues all fall and into December but the aggressive ones left or were killed, there are 3 in the dump but haven’t been around the houses.

Give me call for some Sitka blacktails on 77,000 acres of private land.

May I ask where this 77k acres is? Can’t think of many places near Old Harbor that aren’t refuge other than Sitkalidak. But I don’t get to that part of the island very often.

TEmbry

WKR
I leave in 5 days for a goat hunt. All reports I've received mirror what has already been posted. Very mild winter thus far, not much snow at all down low, and temps are still luke warm for the next few weeks.

Winter goats, and fall brown bear tag to pair with the annual sitka hunt. Love me some Kodiak!

This was a couple days ago while catching king salmon, can you count how many deer are on the beach.
2c525d2c619d1e3bd40d857464976b66.jpg
d258099e748a6fc04426cf69e71d7102.jpg