Kodiak!

Well it's official, I'm going to Kodiak this fall! I'm mainly going up to help my guide buddy and his client on a 10 day brown bear hunt but I'm going up a few days early to try and take a blacktail in the Road System. Going up on Oct 17. Looks like I'll be up there around the prerut time but we will see how it goes. Hoping to squeeze in a little fishing if I tag out on the deer early. Either way I'm just excited to go to a place that I've dreamed of for a long time, fly in on a float plane, and hopefully see some big bears.

Thankful to my wife with being okay with me going, but she doesn't want to be reminded all the time that I'm leaving her with 3 kids for over two weeks. I figured I would tell you all as to not talk about it at home. ;)

OP
publichunter1
I can tell you the round trip flight out of New Orleans cost around $1k. The deer tag and license is around $160. Past that I'm not sure. Swapping myself as a mule for the rest of the trip.

Alchemy

WKR
Keep us posted after hunt im wanting to do this in 21’. Looking at the houseboat style crab/deer/fishing combo, “non guided” essentially, but I believe they have a phrase for it....

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Last I checked a non resident deer tag was $300 and license was around $150. Used to be $150 per deer tag but it bumped up a few years ago. Bring a predator call and have a .22, there are some beautiful fox up there as well.

OP
publichunter1
Last I checked a non resident deer tag was $300 and license was around $150. Used to be $150 per deer tag but it bumped up a few years ago. Bring a predator call and have a .22, there are some beautiful fox up there as well.

Yeah sorry. It looks like you have to buy the $160 hunting license and then a $300 deer tag. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Should be three bucks per non resident outside the road system. Can’t remember the bag limit/sex for the road system.

OP
publichunter1
I'm pretty sure it's only one in the road system. I'll be more than happy with that and between the deer and fish I should be bringing home plenty of new meat.