Kodiak

Playing with the idea of booking a Kodiak goat hunt. How long did it take those of you that have put in to draw? I may not have the flexibility to just keep pushing it off until I get lucky.

Last edited:
Playing with the idea of booking a Kodiak goat hunt. How long did it take those of you that have put in to draw? I may not have the flexibility to just keep pushing it off until I get lucky.
I drew DG478 the very first time I put in for it in 2012. Haven't scored a goat tag since. There are plenty of registration options in Kodiak, no need to wait on draw if you have the dough.....

More than half of the Island is registration and the other half usually opens to registration in early November. No need to wait long to draw IMO. Hope you can find something and make it happen!

buzzy

WKR
Took me 4 years to draw the south road system tag. Amazing hunt this past September and it was well worth the wait.

I started putting in for goats on Kodiak in 2013 and drew a 474 party tag, then in 2014 my son drew 474, then in 2015 I drew another 474 party tag (but hunted it solo), then in 2016 I drew 473 party tag, and my son drew 474, then I drew 474 again last year. So, in the last 6 years, I've drawn 4 tags (two of which were party tags), and my son has drawn 2 tags in the 3 years that I've put him in for goats on Kodiak. All that said, it needs to be understood that, I'm not very lucky when it comes to drawing tags. :D

Took me 4 years to draw the south road system tag. Amazing hunt this past September and it was well worth the wait.
I drew this tag this year with my buddy as a party hunt. If you could message me I'd really appreciate any tips. I've been trying to get a goat for many years now.
Thanks

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I drew 474 on a party tag this year. First time headed to Kodiak and first time mountain goat hunting. 50% excited, 50% scared and 100% stepping up the workouts!

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Put in for DG 474 last year for the first time ever & pulled the tag.
Results are in my avatar pic.
Agree that registration hunt offers good opportunity as well.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord