Kotzebou transporters

Has anyone heard from their transporter out of Kotz regarding 2024? Has there been any updated information regarding the closure and reopening in 2024?

I've seen a lot of discussion in the other threads. You may want to look there. I'd give more insight, but I haven't really been keeping up on it.

I’m interested as well. I hope it opens back up. I hunted there in ‘21 and can’t wait to go back.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No update except to remind y'all of the low and declining fish numbers in recent years and other local struggles in that region. My guess is any and all next chance to revisit and reclose GMU 23 and 26 they (through the NWRAC) will do it through the FSB system. Fortunately and unfortunately caribou hunters struggled for caribou this fall and winter despite the closures and no hunter traffic, suggesting sport hunter presence had no affect on subsistence opportunity. My guess is they'll use the "we are struggling to get enough fish so we need to guarantee our caribou resources" argument the next proposal cycle.