Kowa 554 vs Zeiss Victory Diascope 85

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of these guys? I’ve been lugging around my 4.5lb diascope for a few seasons now and the 28oz of the Kowa 554 is just extremely tempting.

I’m mostly doing high country hunting for elk and deer and the long miles plus heavy optics are starting to wear me down lol. Just not sure if the 55mm Kowa vs 85mm zeiss is gonna bug me enough in low light to make me miss my big ol heavy zeiss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
The only negative I can imagine with the 554 is the narrow field of view. If they redesigned the eyepiece, made it a wide angle they would have no competition.

OP
thegoosano
The only negative I can imagine with the 554 is the narrow field of view. If they redesigned the eyepiece, made it a wide angle they would have no competition.

Was thinking the same but looking at the specs they should have about equivalent at 20x (120ft @ 1000yds). Bumping the Kowa down to 15x it’s a 132ft fov.

The other option I might consider would be switching the zeiss for some 15x56 SLCs, but I do love being able to really crank up the zoom when needed with a spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk