Kowa 662 eyepiece- 30x wide worth the switch?

I’ve got a Kowa 662 with the 20-60 eyepiece and I’m over all fairly happy with it. However I have a real hard time getting it to focus well over about 40x, the resolution just isn’t there. I don’t think a fixed 30x would handicap me magnification wise, but for those who have used the TE-14WD 30x, is the clarity/brightness improved over the 20-60? My primary usage is early season mule deer.

I have used the 30x wide extensively with the kowa 602 and also used it once on a someone else’s 663.

The 30x wide viewing experience is very different than the 20-60. FOV is enormous comparatively and the clarity, contrast, and color fidelity is also much better.

If you use your spotter to look for game, paired with something in the 10-12x range, then 30x is ideal. The FOV and better image quality will help you spot more game. There are a few times where the ability to go up to 60x is important and useful...for me it’s field judging when conditions are good (sun at back, cold crisp day). When the atmosphere is good the 40-60x range is useful for getting a closer look. Otherwise, for 90% of the time, the 30x is going to be a better more pleasing viewing experience. FOV is better in the 30x fixed than the 20x power of the 20-60x in my opinion.

tdot

WKR
The 30x bumps the 663 up into a different tier of glass, imo. It is a very noticeable improvement over the zoom eyepiece. However, there were times when I owned the scope that I missed that top end zoom. This was only for a final inspection of an animal or terrain. It would really depend on how you use a scope. If you are looking for animals, use the 30x. If you are inspecting horns, the zoom would be beneficial.