Kowa 770 series eyepiece question

Sonoman

FNG
Looking for some input regarding these to different eyepieces. The TE-11WZ 25-60x Wide Zoom Eyepiece, vs the older 20x60x eyepiece. I've read some folks like the older model as they can zoom down and get more FOV. Others really like the newer wide angle eyepiece. For folks that have experience with each your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Matt G.

WKR
Here is the specs to the old eyepiece. As you can see, the newer piece at 25x has 1 ft larger fov then the 20, and at 60 there is an extra 10 ft almost. You get almost same FOV.
f8021fe4417ef05a628ddff0253307ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
Does the old one have the same lens coatings and clarity? I like the WA as it is very clear.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know about changes to the lens coatings but I have used both and would stongly recommend the newew 25-60 wide angle TE-11z over the older 20-60x TE-9. It is a shame they didn't use this newer eyepiece on the smaller 55mm spotter.

OP
S

Sonoman

FNG
Could you give me some reasons for your choice. Being that you've used both (person I am looking for) there must be some main advantages with your recommendation.

Thanks

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Going off of memory the new model has a larger ocular lens, a wider field of view (the main selling point) and seems "easier" on the eye with less fatigue at high magnification. I also remember the prominar lenses, at least flourite added into the eyepiece lenses with the new TE-11Z model (someone correct me if I am wrong) and a better image quality. If you can compare the two side by side it would be easier to see for yourself what can be hard to describe. Well worth the upgrade in cost.