Kowa 773 lens covers

idcuda

WKR
Anyone know of, or have experience with, aftermarket lens covers? Kowa's objective cover is ok, but the eyepiece cover is a turd - it falls off constantly.

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Call Kowa and they will send you the new one. I sent my 773 in for cleaning and they sent me a few new ones. The new one fits in great and I have had no issues since.

Matt G.

WKR
That is my complaint as well...i was thinking of adding velcro pieces to outside edge of eyepiece and inside of cap to see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Schaaf

WKR
It blows my mind that all the rifle scope cover manufacturers haven't designed a decent spotting scope eyepiece and objective cover.

OP
idcuda

idcuda

WKR
Call Kowa and they will send you the new one. I sent my 773 in for cleaning and they sent me a few new ones. The new one fits in great and I have had no issues since.
Good to know - I'll contact them. Thanks for the info!
It blows my mind that all the rifle scope cover manufacturers haven't designed a decent spotting scope eyepiece and objective cover.
Yeah, I've seen some good ones for cameras, like Defenders by polarpro, but none for spotters. A really thin, cheap, neoprene would be nice, too.

Schaaf

WKR
Good to know - I'll contact them. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I've seen some good ones for cameras, like Defenders by polarpro, but none for spotters. A really thin, cheap, neoprene would be nice, too.
Yep I don’t need a stay on case with extra padding, just a single piece of cordura or neoprene as thin as possible. I don’t get it.