Kowa 774 and other manf. Eye piece

JNDEER

WKR
I was not able to purchase the 77 when they went on sale and now you can’t find one at all.

Still see some bodies around so I want to know if anyone knows if a vortex razor 65mm gen1 eyepiece or a Swarovski 65mm 25-50 eye piece will fit on a Kowa 774?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why won't you get the kowa eye piece? The 99,88, and new 66 all share eye pieces with the 77

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
Why won't you get the kowa eye piece? The 99,88, and new 66 all share eye pieces with the 77

The pkg deals are not available because the 77 is discontinued.

I have the other two eyepieces now and can pick up a 774 body. So instead of paying over price buying the body and eye piece separate - I was curious if one of my current eye pieces would work and just buy the body.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Doug. Forgot about that option (although separate it’s still more expensive then what the pkg deal was).

Would there be any chance you would get your hands on a return or referb 774?
I have reached out to Kowa a few times and the issue basically is that they closed them out so inexpensively that there's no deal on a refurb

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pkg deals are not available because the 77 is discontinued.

I have the other two eyepieces now and can pick up a 774 body. So instead of paying over price buying the body and eye piece separate - I was curious if one of my current eye pieces would work and just buy the body.
The thing that sets the kowa apart is the fluorite crystal in the glass. While the 77 lacks the fluorite prism in the body it does use the fluorite crystal eye piece, using something else negates one of the 77 key features

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
The thing that sets the kowa apart is the fluorite crystal in the glass. While the 77 lacks the fluorite prism in the body it does use the fluorite crystal eye piece, using something else negates one of the 77 key features

I think eventually I would look at buying their eye piece. For now I wanted to just see if getting a body would work with the eye pieces I have and could play/test it compared to the scopes I have to make sure it’s what I am looking for.