Kowa 774 Spotting Scope case

I'm looking for a lightweight/cheap option to protect my new Kowa 774. I don't like the stuff specifically made for the Kowa. I like the SnugFit cases but I don't know which one I should try to fit on my Kowa. I'm thinking the Vortex Diamondback 80 should work.

Any thoughts/ideas?

I put a thick wool sock on my 773. Be interested to see if anyone has suggestions on the 774 or 773.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I was in the same boat and was even looking at a custom made neoprene for mine and after a while i ditched that idea. I ended up getting the case kowa has with the removable eyepiece cover, the flap over the micro and macro focus. This one stays on your scope and fits better than the lite green one that looks more like just a bag around your scope.

I would be interested in a neoprene that will fit

OP
A
I actually ordered a couple of neoprene cases for the Vortex that I'm going to try. I'll let you know if I find something that works out.

Last edited:
OP
A
Okay, so I found something that works really well. I bought a snugfit neoprene case for the Vortex Diamondback 80 Str. It's almost a perfect fit. I had to make a slight alteration to the eyepiece cover by cutting out the plastic tie loops and using a piece of string instead. Awesome setup... will post pictures

tdhanses

WKR
Not showing, probably will have to use imgur or something like that.

OP
A
Second attempt to load pictures.

Attachments

• Barcode.jpg
    Barcode.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Eyepiece 2 alteration.jpg
    Eyepiece 2 alteration.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Eyepiece.jpg
    Eyepiece.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 59
  • On Scope glassing mode.jpg
    On Scope glassing mode.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 66
  • On Scope Stored..jpg
    On Scope Stored..jpg
    21 KB · Views: 66

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see your pictures now. How does the eye piece cover fit other than being a tad bit short?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
A
I can see your pictures now. How does the eye piece cover fit other than being a tad bit short?

It fits great once you take out those plastic tabs from the eyepiece cover. I actually put my plastic cover down in the bottom of it for extra protection. It's snug but not too snug.