Kowa 883: phone scope, zoom question.

Hello!

I have a newbie question.

I'm looking at buying a Kowa 883 and had a question on it's operation when digiscoping.

Question: when you attach the phone to the Scope's eyepiece, can you adjust the eyepiece's zoom ring without the cell phone turning? Or does the whole eyepiece move with the zoom?

I.e I want to be able to frame a shot, start recording a video, and then zoom in and out to show distance (without the phone rotatating).

Thank you!

Wheels

WKR
I’ve got a Novagrade, but same concept. There is about an inch of rubber on the eyepiece and then the zoom feature, so you will be able to attach the phone scope and still zoom without the phone/adapter moving.

BluMtn

WKR
I run the same as Wheels. Nova Grade, alittle spendy, but it is the last holder you will buy and it fits whatever you currently or in the future will have as far as phones.

OP
D
Does the Novograde allow for the different camera lenses? I.e. the new phones have multiple lenses (wide, standard and zoom lens). The Kowa/phone scope collab case has a feature to use both the standard and zoom lens.
Kowa case with multiple lens holes.

I’ve got a Novagrade, but same concept. There is about an inch of rubber on the eyepiece and then the zoom feature, so you will be able to attach the phone scope and still zoom without the phone/adapter moving.

I run the same as Wheels. Nova Grade, alittle spendy, but it is the last holder you will buy and it fits whatever you currently or in the future will have as far as phones.

Wheels

WKR
Not sure about that, I have an IPhone 12 and it works with that. Best bet is to contact Novagrade.

BluMtn

WKR
My Android is old enough I just have the one stinkeye. I don't think you will be able to use the three lens, but let us know what you find out.

Hello!

I have a newbie question.

I'm looking at buying a Kowa 883 and had a question on it's operation when digiscoping.

Question: when you attach the phone to the Scope's eyepiece, can you adjust the eyepiece's zoom ring without the cell phone turning? Or does the whole eyepiece move with the zoom?

I.e I want to be able to frame a shot, start recording a video, and then zoom in and out to show distance (without the phone rotatating).

Thank you!

The eyecup/phone won't move when you zoom in or out. I use the TSN-99 scope, which has the same eyepiece as the 883.

Skope on,
Tim