KOWA IPhone Adapter

Anyone use one of these to digiscope with? I heard they work well on the Swaro spotters... Any truth to that?

akrdkill

WKR
i got one from eagle optics a week ago. it quality made. comes with 2 diff size cups to mount up with that are threaded aluminum. not some plastics stuff. have had a chance to mount it up to my spotter but heard good things that it will. much better option for me than buying a new camera & a tines up...

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never seen this adapter until now. Looks nice.

I've been really eyeing the phoneskope adapter. My friend ordered one for an identical spotter as mine so I should get some hands on time soon.

Slim Jim

WKR
Does anyone know if it will work with the vortex viper HD spotter. I plan on buying the spotting scope in the next few months

I meant razor HD

It should fit on a Razor HD spotter. I have a KOWA iPhone Adaptor and the Razor HD 85mm. I'm getting an update to my iPhone soon to a 4S here at work. The phone is in the mail and I'll try it out soon to test it out and post some pictures and video and the yardage on the animals here.

blogkowaip4s2b.jpg

The one I have fits the 4 and the 4S. The 5 is a bit different in size, it has a bigger screen and all so the one I have will not work on a 5. I'm sure they will get one for the 5 soon if not already in the works.

I'm seeing that the one Drhorsepower mentions, phoneskope does work on the 5 and also a Razor HD 85mm spotter as another possible option too.

http://www.phoneskope.com

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I talked to the guys at phoneskope, they said they are hoping to release the 5 case in the next few months, I have a 5, I can't decide to wait for one or epoxy their universal kit onto a cheap case like in another thread. I will check out my friends soon and that will help me decide I imagine.

I tried out the scope adapter on the iPhone tonight after work. It was just at sunset in low light on a cloudy evening. Overall I like the ease of the adapter and scope with the iPhone.

[video=youtube;8ARAs1abd88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARAs1abd88&feature=youtu.be[/video]