Kowa vs Meopta vs Swarovski Binos

Looking to upgrade my current Binos.

Let’s hear your guys opinions on these 3 brands of binos. Specifically I’m looking at the following:

Kowa Genesis 8.5x44 or 10.5x44. @ $1350
Meopta B1.1 10x42 @ $950
Swarovski SLC 10x42 @ $1600

I’ve currently got a set of Maven B.2 10x42 and B.4 15x56. I’ve looked through the SLC 10x42 which are nice but never really had any big ups on the Mavens, other than the fact I never had to focus them. The Meopta 15x56 compared really close to the Maven 15x56, however I enjoyed the Meopta eyecups over the Mavens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I have the S2, a great scope but I havn't looked through the Kowa so cant compare.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I have the S2, a great scope but I havn't looked through the Kowa so cant compare.
+1
BB.jpg

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve looked through the Kowa 8.5x44. Excellent glass. Can’t compare to the others, but you probably can’t go wrong with any of them.

HntnFsh

FNG
You can find the Meoptas for at least a $100 less without too much effort. Great glass. I also didn't think the SLCs were anywhere close to being worth almost twice the price.

pbcarch

WKR
Based upon your current binos....I dont think you need to upgrade.
The ones you listed as upgrades to me are not necessarily "upgrades"

I have Swarovski slc 10x42 and Swarovski spotter atx.
I am looking to get a bino with a wee bit more mag for out west.
I have decided I still want to use in hand as well so i feel 12x is my biggest for both hand and tripod use.
I am demoing maven b2 11x45 , b4 12x45 and today the sig sauer zulu 9 - 11x45. I feel the b4 are just too big for hand use.
So far to me the b2 and my Swarovski are real close. I actually think the b2 are brighter in low light but maybe just maybe the Swarovski are more detailed?? Its so darn close it may not be anything real other than in my head.
The Swarovski seem better ergonomically as in slimmer but I do like the b2 being able to wrap my hand around the full barrel.
Cant wait to see about the zig zulu 9

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've used meopta binoculars and meostar scopes, they are very nice, but honestly I think Swarovski has better glass, Clarity is much better, I can't speak for Kowa, as i never used them.