Kreatine questions.

Lukem

WKR
Smaller guys generally always want to bigger.....I was one, 6'00 160....worked put hard and am now 190. I wish I was 160 again. I would concentrate on being as fit as you can. Big doesn't mean you can handle heavy loads better. So many other factors that come into play. I know many small guys who can pack with the best of them. Take a look at most of the Alaskan guides, lean dudes that are mountain tough. Those guys don't even work out, they just work hard.

Interesting. I'm similar at 6', but trying to go the other way. This spring I was 176 and am now down to about 157, and would like to drop a few more. The mountains aren't about beach muscle, it's all lower body. It's about being lean and you can't get that way easily. Lots and lots of work.

I have a body type and metabolism like yours. I am 6'1" and weigh 175 normally. My work out consists of weight and core strength training 5 days a week and I work in 5 45 minute high output cardio sessions per week. I would look at a good whey protein to take right after your workout instead of creatine. Avoid muscle milk and try to find a better protein. Just by doing my work out with protein after I maintain 185 consistently. I feel strong and still lean enough to tackle the high country and a heavy pack. All of the guys are right about squats and leg workouts, very important.

Jager

WKR
Lots of guys on here giving bodybuilding advice. If you want pure size go that route and pump yourself full of creatine. You will lose that size/weight when you get off it as most of it is water retention weight. If you want size quit doing biceps curls and skull crushers and other iso pretty boy muscle movements and start doing heavy squats with correct form along with heavy deadlifts with correct form. Compound movements with barbells. Dont touch machines or any of that stuff. Creatine won't replace those big compound lifts for putting on size.

Completely agree, squats and deadlifts create awesome all body strength, they both really help to integrate good core strength into your movements.

Good form benchpressing is another compound movement that adds functional upper body strenth, as well as core strength.

Do a google search for creatine, nearly everything you read will mention a risk of kidney and/or liver issues after long time use. It is easy to say that you will only use it for a short time, however, if a lifter is seeing good gains, it can be hard to stop using it. I simply won't take the risk and stick to a good protein shake, plus plenty of hard work.

As Rosinbag said earlier, don't think you need to be big to hump a heavy load, have seen plenty of big boys fall by the way side on long tactical marches whereas the smaller wirery types just keep going.

Good luck.

your body has a maximum capacity of 6g of Creatine Monohydrate, PERIOD. Taking in creatine pre and post workout is about as much as your body can utilize. Loading phases were a tactic by supplement companies for 2 reasons. 1st, the more they get you to use, the more you buy. 2nd, most companies make products with purity levels that are not impressive, since the FDA doesn't regulate supplements the can sell you shitty quality product with no recourse. So if they make a creatine monohydrate that is 50% pure, then you would need to take/"load" 12 g of a 50% pure product to get the maximum 6g you body can handle.

If you are looking at a creatine that has a prescribed loading phase, its either shit, or the guy that came up with it doesn't know shit. Either way proceed accordingly.

D