Kryptek Alititude Camouflage Ghar Jacket now available

Soolong

FNG
For the low low price of $499.99 you can now purchase the Altitude Camouflage Ghar jacket on the Kryptek web sight......... OUCH!
I really wanted this Jacket but at that price....... Hard Pass. Does this mean my used grey Ghar jacket just went up in value? LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190520-192136.png
    Screenshot_20190520-192136.png
    770.1 KB · Views: 82

Sadler

WKR
Wasn’t it $300 -$400 just last week? I wanted it too but can’t swing $500 for a hoodless puffy. I was really hoping they were going to add a hooded version to the lineup this year.

OP
S

Soolong

FNG
Made in USA? I guarantee not. Yes this jacket was $399.99 yesterday. I really like the pattern but I don't think the animals care. Their marketing is spot on. By attaching this pattern to their performance Altitude line they are able to charge more for their original Highlander pattern by just tweaking the color palette and only printing it on some of their higher performance gear. They hooked me. Lol. I am glad I bought the jacket in grey when it was 30% off the original price. I really like the Ghar jacket. If they would have just added a hood and the camouflage... Well to be honest I still wouldn't have bought it until the price dropped down to at least what their competitors are charging for a jacket of similar specs and performance.

OP
S

Soolong

FNG
I never bother to look at Kifaru. I had no idea
Is that made in USA? If not thats paying around a 1,250% markup. Gotta love that. I do like their patterns but damn.

Lost Park Parka is made in US and $245.
Thanks for the info (education). I have read about Kifaru Lost Parks but I I never checked them out. #1 never realized with a name like that they were made in US #2 I didn't realize they made a full zip #3 I didn't realize they made them in Highlander and Multicam. Thanks! Damn I feel stupid now for never investigating that before. Lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
Made in USA? I guarantee not. Yes this jacket was $399.99 yesterday. I really like the pattern but I don't think the animals care. Their marketing is spot on. By attaching this pattern to their performance Altitude line they are able to charge more for their original Highlander pattern by just tweaking the color palette and only printing it on some of their higher performance gear. They hooked me. Lol. I am glad I bought the jacket in grey when it was 30% off the original price. I really like the Ghar jacket. If they would have just added a hood and the camouflage... Well to be honest I still wouldn't have bought it until the price dropped down to at least what their competitors are charging for a jacket of similar specs and performance.
Actually, it's an entirely different printing process they use on the Altitude line. Still, they have lost their damn minds to ask that for a jacket they still haven't put a hood on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the business motto is throw a big price tag on it and people will for sure think it's a superior piece of clothing. Doesn't seem like a kryptek thing to do which is why i have some of there gear but i guess if you can't beat the top dogs, just join them?

OP
S

Soolong

FNG
Make a camouflage pattern that is pleasing to the human eye. Put some good technology behind it then bring it to market. Add To the line with some lower tech clothing with " high tech " camo pattern and charge high tech price because you know the consumers will want to have a complete matching set. I am not trying to rip on Kryptek. I have a lot of their gear and I really like it. Every company does what it has to stay viable and if this helps keep them in business I am fine with that. I will continue to watch for sales. Lets just say I was initially shocked with the pricing when this line came out and they continue to shock me. I just have to remember that I really don't "need" this gear I just want it which means they are doing a good job.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They’re running a sale right now and everything is 25% off, including the altitude line.
Their new stuff isn't on there yet or that would be tempting. I'm waiting for the updated stuff to get in.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I believe they changed the face fabric on the new jacket. If it’s wet printed you are definitely paying for that, it’s expensive. I have the gray Ghar and it’s by far the puffy I use the most... well it might be a tie between that and the MH Ghost Whisper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Their new stuff isn't on there yet or that would be tempting. I'm waiting for the updated stuff to get in.

Yeah that’s a bummer but if you’re looking to get that rain gear, now may be the best time. I may sell my SEAK and get that Takur....

sneaky

"DADDY"
I believe they changed the face fabric on the new jacket. If it’s wet printed you are definitely paying for that, it’s expensive. I have the gray Ghar and it’s by far the puffy I use the most... well it might be a tie between that and the MH Ghost Whisper.

I'm waiting on the other stuff, the pants with the reinforcements on the inside and the new Tora and Arma pieces. The grey Ghar isn't wet printed and it went up to $499 too. They lost their damn minds on that one.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I'm waiting on the other stuff, the pants with the reinforcements on the inside and the new Tora and Arma pieces. The grey Ghar isn't wet printed and it went up to $499 too. They lost their damn minds on that one.

If it’s too expensive... they didn’t make it for you:)

I got nothing on the grey one going up in price. But I will be wearing mine all this week bear hunting and I did pay full retail for mine. It’s just a damn comfy jacket but it’s needs a ******* hood.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I also wish everyone used their DWR... It's effective.
Yeah, their DWR is the shiznit. You paid retail for your grey one when it was $349 lol. It went up $150 and still doesn't have a hood. I don't know what they're thinking. Price is irrelevant to me, I'll pay it for complete gear, but that Ghar is incomplete without a hood

OP
S

Soolong

FNG
Well I broke down and bought the Camo Ghar on the Kryptek 25% Memorial Day sale. So here is a review.
The material is not as soft and buttery feeling as the original Grey Ghar. The Material feels thicker and more durable but it is slightly shiny like the Kryptek Ares jacket or the typical sheen on a puffy jacket. It is also slightly more noisy. Lets just say this is not flat like the wet printing on the Tora, Bora, Takur. They did put a slightly beefier zipper on this jacket. Otherwise fit is the same. I did notice that I have not seen one feather poke out of the outer material like the original grey Gahr does. This Jacket just feels like it will take a bit more abuse. I haven't decided if I am keeping it or not. Hope this helps anybody who is interested.

Sadler

WKR
That Ghar in Altitude is at $299 in case anyone is wanting one. The grey one is still at $500 though...