Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review ***Updated 2/11/20***

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Roksliders,

Altitudeempty.jpg

I am putting together my gear for my weekend hunt and have some new clothes to put through the shredder in the woods. I will be running the complete lineup from Kryptek's top-of-the-line Altitude system. Keep checking this thread for updates. I plan on treating each individual line (Arma, Arma Tech, Tora, Bora, and Takur) as a separate unit.

initial impressions are very high, as Kryptek went all-out on Schoeller premium fabrics for this no-holds-barred series of clothing.

***Update 2/11/20***
Part 1 complete! Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review
Part 2 complete! Kryptek Altitude Part 2 - The Bora Series
Part 3 coming soon.....

Check out Kryptek's info on this super-premium series on their website...

Kryptek Altitude

Post any questions or comments on the Altitude lineup on this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigharge

WKR
Anxious to see your thoughts on durability. I ordered the Tora set and already had the pants rip in the seams a little just doing a squat test. And its not that they were tight because they are getting sent back for a smaller size as the pants run big imo. But not real encouraging especially as they only carry a 1 yr warranty on their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Interested to hear your thoughts Matt. Maybe you could communicate to Kryptek that they NEED to provide full specs of all materials used and completed product information. Their descriptions do very little and for sure don’t put you over the edge when comparing to another product at half the cost sometimes.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to hear your thoughts Matt. Maybe you could communicate to Kryptek that they NEED to provide full specs of all materials used and completed product information. Their descriptions do very little and for sure don’t put you over the edge when comparing to another product at half the cost sometimes.

For real! Like really this would take a half days work generously to update their website but for whatever reason has been continually overlooked for a LOOOOONGGGG time. Even once Kryptek got on rokslide saw people posting this they still haven't addressed it.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys! Its Chad with Kryptek. I will try and peek in here every now and again and answer any questions you may have!

Just looking over a few of the questions or concerns, the stitching on any of the Altitude line is double stitched and cross stitched on the inside. The threads do not show...Having a nylon stretch material allows for a 4 way stretch and you will find that it may look like the seem is coming a part but it stretches with the material. Its tough!

Hope this helps!

ChrisAU

WKR
Hey guys! Its Chad with Kryptek. I will try and peek in here every now and again and answer any questions you may have!

Just looking over a few of the questions or concerns, the stitching on any of the Altitude line is double stitched and cross stitched on the inside. The threads do not show...Having a nylon stretch material allows for a 4 way stretch and you will find that it may look like the seem is coming a part but it stretches with the material. Its tough!

Hope this helps!

Chad, great to see a manufacturer on here to talk about their products. Seriously, a great starting point to win over guys here would be to get a kitchen scale and a size large of every piece you guys have and go to town for data for the website.

bigharge

WKR

Hope this helps!
These havent even been worn outside the bedroom yet. I cant comment on long term durability yet as I havent put them to use yet, just giving my honest first impressions in relation to other hunting pants I own.
70481347acba3308280e67b14a8807a8.jpg
b71dfc1ac8515799ee41924ba655cf74.jpg

Hey bigharge, I wear plenty of Kryptek clothing and have been very happy with it, I'm pretty sure that Chad from Kryptek is going to want you to send that in for an exchange..... at least I hope that's his response.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
These havent even been worn outside the bedroom yet. I cant comment on long term durability yet as I havent put them to use yet, just giving my honest first impressions in relation to other hunting pants I own.

Certainly a warranty issue and we want to see it... Fill out the warranty at kryptek.com and we will get you taken care of! Thanks!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Weighed items are a size large jackets and shirts and 34 regular in pants....

Arma tech 1/2 zip-8oz

Arma tech gridfleece 1/2 zip-8oz

Arma tech gridfleece hoodie-15oz

Ghar jacket-14oz

Tora jacket-16oz
Tora pant-24oz

Bora jacket-24oz
Bora pant-16oz

Takur jacket-24oz
Takur pant-24oz
Just what we needed. Thanks Chad!