Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review ***Updated 2/11/20***

Shoes

FNG
And I wore it under the Kryptek Vellus Anorak. Gahr worked great as a mid layer too! I did a podcast on the Gahr with Jordan if you missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, perfect thanks. Pulled the trigger on it.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Great thread so far. How does the Arma hoodie compare to something like a Kuiu Peloton 240? Does it block wind at all like the Peloton?

It is not wind proof, but the exterior face of the fabric is pretty tightly woven, and does cut the wind somewhat.

bigharge

WKR
I grabbed the Tora series and have added the bora vest. I run warm and hunt fairly active so I like the early season line better, I just wish it had the same durability as the bora has shown. I am sending my tora pants back again for warranty on the stitching issue. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. The pants really are comfortable, breathe well and the fabric seems durable to brush and thorns, just cant handle me squatting down.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Djc21

FNG
Thanks for the review you guys! Definitely going to be buying pieces from the bora line now that the reviews are coming in & the prices are reasonable.

bigharge

WKR
I ordered a bora vest and sent it back pretty quick. Not sure how it compares to the jacket and pants but the vest was the loudest piece of hunting clothing I’ve put on. Even my wife pointed out she could hear the material when I was coming down the hallway. The tots wasn’t super quiet at first and got better with washing so I’m sure the bora will do the same but want a fan personally. Still love the fit and material of the Tora line and the Takur jacket is the real deal

sneaky

"DADDY"
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't judge any new garment until I've washed it a couple of times. Seems like everything has more noise when new, and quietens down after use and multiple washes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jr1282

FNG
Roksliders,

View attachment 120297

I am putting together my gear for my weekend hunt and have some new clothes to put through the shredder in the woods. I will be running the complete lineup from Kryptek's top-of-the-line Altitude system. Keep checking this thread for updates. I plan on treating each individual line (Arma, Arma Tech, Tora, Bora, and Takur) as a separate unit.

initial impressions are very high, as Kryptek went all-out on Schoeller premium fabrics for this no-holds-barred series of clothing.

***Update 2/11/20***
Part 1 complete! Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review
Part 2 complete! Kryptek Altitude Part 2 - The Bora Series
Part 3 coming soon.....

Check out Kryptek's info on this super-premium series on their website...

Kryptek Altitude

Post any questions or comments on the Altitude lineup on this thread!
I've been looking into this. Thanks for sharing!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't judge any new garment until I've washed it a couple of times. Seems like everything has more noise when new, and quietens down after use and multiple washes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I know my Tora gear went from loud to quiet with a wash, wear and then wash. Takur still fairly loud but it’s a hard shell

I have 2 (3?) questions:

1) Does the Tora Pant have any stretch in the waist? Im between sizes and waist stretch usually means I go with the smaller of the 2 sizes.

2) If I wear an XL in the Arma Hoodie, what size would you get in the Bora Vest? And wear it over or under the Arma?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 (3?) questions:

1) Does the Tora Pant have any stretch in the waist? Im between sizes and waist stretch usually means I go with the smaller of the 2 sizes.

2) If I wear an XL in the Arma Hoodie, what size would you get in the Bora Vest? And wear it over or under the Arma?

Looks like we missed your question, sorry

I can say there is some stretch I’m the waist

Guessing on size question but everything I wore in early season was true to size.

@Matt Cashell