Kryptek Altitude: Early To Mid Season Clothing Review ***Updated 2/11/20***

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
Subscribed, looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have a couple pieces of Altitude and really like it, although I despise the cargo pockets on the pants it's pretty much the only thing I don't like.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anxious to see your thoughts on durability. I ordered the Tora set and already had the pants rip in the seams a little just doing a squat test. And its not that they were tight because they are getting sent back for a smaller size as the pants run big imo. But not real encouraging especially as they only carry a 1 yr warranty on their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've put my Tora pants through the ringer and they still look brand new. Yours is an outlier I'm guessing. I've ripped enough First Lite pants that I'll never buy their stuff again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigharge

WKR
Yeah, other than the stitching issue my initial thought on the material is very positive. Just wish I could test them out next couple weeks in Montana instead of sending them in for a warranty issue. Ill still have the jacket to take so I can get a partial feel on the setup.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, other than the stitching issue my initial thought on the material is very positive. Just wish I could test them out next couple weeks in Montana instead of sending them in for a warranty issue. Ill still have the jacket to take so I can get a partial feel on the setup.

If I were you I'd wear them to Montana then send them in. It'll still be a warranty issue in two weeks.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you hunt in burr country, you’ll appreciate the Schoeller fabric. For the few burrs that it actually picks up, they wipe right off
956fe39c6b0477ef36b96bb8d5033fa1.jpg
291ed442a84ccaeed2e09bbe6e9ddf2b.jpg
72a9d915cfb1cc4f76d10589666f395e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve had over 1.5” rain the last three days. This morning checking Tcams, I put the Takur over my Carhartts (they are a virtual sponge) and hiked 1.5 hours in very wet brush. Only moisture penetration was at cuff where the Carhartts touched my boot. No leaks through the side zips.
ee253923a5e1e8545db45b97bf2f0e88.jpg

81b9848daab90cb5f900509091129f1c.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you hunt in burr country, you’ll appreciate the Schoeller fabric. For the few burrs that it actually picks up, they wipe right off
956fe39c6b0477ef36b96bb8d5033fa1.jpg
291ed442a84ccaeed2e09bbe6e9ddf2b.jpg
72a9d915cfb1cc4f76d10589666f395e.jpg

One of my favorite things about the pants. They clean up easy and don't pick up burrs

Whisky

WKR
Does anybody have the Ghar jacket and if so, any initial thoughts? I know it hasn't exactly been puffy weather yet.
Comparable to ???

sneaky

"DADDY"
Does anybody have the Ghar jacket and if so, any initial thoughts? I know it hasn't exactly been puffy weather yet.
Comparable to ???
@Ryan Avery has had one for over a year. He's ran the old style solid color ghar and he's testing the new one now.

Kotaman

WKR
Comparable to ???

I’ve had one awhile...It’s a little heavier than some of the “lightweight”puffy’s out there, but lighter than some of the more robust puffy’s. ImO, if it had a hood, it would be darn near perfect.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the opposite, I generally do not want a hood on my Puffies. My preference is a balaclava/neck gaiter/watch cap or some combination.

Military guys that wear these wear them under their outer layer camouflage and then put body armour and fighting kit on top. Keeping the hood from getting caught on/under some of that stuff is a pain.

Kryptek does do quite a bit of business with military personnel and I know quite a few people who wear their puffies. If I had to guess at why they don't have good, that would be it.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
Plus slings tend to chafe hoods and wear through the material quite quickly. Just my experience/thoughts on why they didn't include a hood.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Comparable to ???
I do as does @Ryan Avery as Sneaky said. Haven’t got enough time in it to comment. Ryan says it’s comparable in warmth to Kifaru puffy. No hood though. It’s designed to be worn as a system. I’ll be pairing mine with their fleece hoody next week. I’ll let you know. Ryan’s supposed to have a review soon on his.

Kryptek Outdoor Group

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Couple of things on my end. The reason the Ghar jacket does not have a hood is we didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of different hoods when layering. If you have on a Bora softshell over a puffy with a hood and then had to throw on the Takur rain set over it then you would have 3 hoods to deal with. So eliminating one would be easier in the long run.

The Ghar jacket is a 70/30 blend of PrimaLoft gold synthetic and hydrophobic down . The synthetic being PrimaLoft gold means the whole fiber is treated not just the outside of the fiber which makes it very water resistant. It has 3 high moisture areas on the coat that are strictly synthetic, arm pits, cuffs, and the shoulders. That will obviously allow the jacket to dry faster....It will will retain 96% of its warmth when wet.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Couple of things on my end. The reason the Ghar jacket does not have a hood is we didn't want to have to deal with a bunch of different hoods when layering. If you have on a Bora softshell over a puffy with a hood and then had to throw on the Takur rain set over it then you would have 3 hoods to deal with. So eliminating one would be easier in the long run.

The Ghar jacket is a 70/30 blend of PrimaLoft gold synthetic and hydrophobic down . The synthetic being PrimaLoft gold means the whole fiber is treated not just the outside of the fiber which makes it very water resistant. It has 3 high moisture areas on the coat that are strictly synthetic, arm pits, cuffs, and the shoulders. That will obviously allow the jacket to dry faster....It will will retain 96% of its warmth when wet.
Thanks Justin for clarifying.

Just got my 5th day on my Ghar and I'm very happy with it. And now understand the no-hood idea. I wore it over the Arma Fleece and under the Takur, so plenty of hoods.

Bnewman78

FNG
Roksliders,

View attachment 120297

I am putting together my gear for my weekend hunt and have some new clothes to put through the shredder in the woods. I will be running the complete lineup from Kryptek's top-of-the-line Altitude system. Keep checking this thread for updates. I plan on treating each individual line (Arma, Arma Tech, Tora, Bora, and Takur) as a separate unit.

initial impressions are very high, as Kryptek went all-out on Schoeller premium fabrics for this no-holds-barred series of clothing.

Check out Kryptek's info on this super-premium series on their website...

Kryptek Altitude

Post any questions or comments on the Altitude lineup on this thread!
Do they make any other colors in this lineup?

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Silly question, what's your impression of how "stretchy" the Arma Fleece Hoodie is?

I love the stretch of the Halstead from FL (helps out with my Popeye forearms). The Sitka Heavyweight, while it does have good stretch, still gives my forearms the straight jacket feeling, and for that reason I was looking to go back to FL for a Klamath to get a hood into my mid-layer. Definitely could be convinced to go with the Arma if it has a similar feel.